Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus H370-I ITX, 8600k, RX560, 970 EVO Mojave Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in the devices section in Clover configurator:

Devices->Audio->ResetHDA checked.
Devices->Audio->Inject = 7.

In the app "System Information" what do you have listed under audio? Mine is like the one attached.

Also attached is a listing of kexts found in my L/E folder which may help too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 05.29.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 05.29.37.png
    205 KB · Views: 107
And in the devices section in Clover configurator:

Devices->Audio->ResetHDA checked.
Devices->Audio->Inject = 7.

In the app "System Information" what do you have listed under audio? Mine is like the one attached.

Also attached is a listing of kexts found in my L/E folder which may help too.

Yes, ResetHDA and Inject 7 both set like your previous posts, my audio devices shows nothing though. I'll try all the kexts tomorrow and update. Appreciate the help!

Hey @djashjones,

So I'm a newbie, I've been following this thread setting up my ASUS H370-I ITX like yours. I have an i7-8700, and integrated graphics. Can I just take a moment to thank you for sharing your experience - I too bought this board from the buyer's guide, expecting it to 'just work', but have had nothing but problems, and can't find any decent info for installing macOS on this board.

Okay, here's what I've done so far:

- Created Mojave 10.14.2 installer and used your 'EFI - install' on my USB. Mojave installed fine (it wouldn't install before I tried your EFI).
- On first proper boot to the macOS desktop, About This Mac says it's an iMac 27-inch, late 2013 (iMac 14,2). Graphics working fine on the DisplayPort, multiple USB ports working, Ethernet working. Party time.

- I used Multibeast to make the changes you suggested (Audio, Network & SMBIOS to iMac 18,2) - I didn't make any other changes listed in your post #3, I'll admit I don't understand how to do half of them! So I rebooted and have only one USB port working, and a ton of graphical glitches and heavy flickering.

- I installed your 'EFI - post', which didn't have a noticeable effect...
- I put your SSDT-UIAC.aml file into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, but still, just one USB port working.

I briefly read through the thread you linked on how to make a custom USB SSDT, but I've not done that myself as I thought your file would work for me, given it's for an identical motherboard. Am I correct in thinking that? If I'm happy with the ports you've chosen to enable?

Any suggestions? Or should I just compile my own SSDT?

I'm not sure what made the USB ports all work the first time, I'm not sure if the EFI had something to do with it. I'm aware there's a USBInjectAll.kext but I've not tried it. That post warns against it anyway.

I've just used Multibeast to set SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 again, and after rebooting the graphics are fine again - might stick with that for now, it's a lot more usable. But it's done nothing for the USB issue!

TIA for any help !

I don't understand either it must be something silly. AS for the one port working I bet its the 3.1 gen 2 (red) one the right side of the usb c port?

Ive uploaded my current EFI folder but removed serial numbers as I use iMessage, etc.

Also a screenshot of my LE folder (this time). From what I've read, I could be wrong but these kexts need to be installed and just copy and pasted.

Airport... & Brcm... is wifi and bluetooth for my card (manual install using KextBeast).
fakesmc... hardware monitoring (installed via multibeast).
intel.. & Realtek.. (installed via multibeast), boards networking ports.
Applealc & Lilu (installed via multibeast, I think), this is for audio.

All the rest, I don't know what they do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 05.12.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 05.12.00.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 05.12.07.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 05.12.07.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 124
  • EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 112
Before I got this board I was going to follow the HTPC guide, here But before Christmas most suppliers in the UK just did not have any boards in stock. So ended up with my current board as it was on the recommended list. Should have checked first is anyone had great success first, ha ha.

As for graphics, this is why I went for a AMD RX card (second hand off eBay £60), it suppose to work out the box. I keep reading about maybe turning mine and setting it up as headless but my system works so why change something that aint broke?

Just had a thought about your ports issue. When you installed your SSDT, did you disable/remove the port limit patches?

Sorry I didn't get chance to do anything on it last night, but yes you're right about which USB port is active! What's that about?

Great thank you - do I need to put in my own serial numbers then, or does it generate them automatically if they're blank?

Thanks for the info - I'll have a go at adding those kexts, I've not used KextBeast yet I don't think.

That guide looks good - hopefully we can get this Asus board working just as well!

Hmm, no I don't think I removed any port limit patches - should I have done that for the SSDT to work? I read in that SSDT creator guide something about overriding, but can't remember if the SSDT overrides the patches or the other way round. Will I find those port limit patches in the folders in your screenshots - kexts or extensions?

I'm away at the weekend so it'll probably be next week when I get round to this. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Dunno about that port but thank god at least one works when it goes wrong. At least you can roll back easy-ish.

I think the issue is that the port limit patches are still active. You can easily disable them in the clover configurator. In kernal and kext patches and check the disabled box to all the port limit patches.

This is optional but it looks like the current is not injected correctly and I could not charge my iPad via the USB ports. I Followed this guide, here.

Before
Ipad Current B4.png

after
Ipad current after.png

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 93
  • SSDT-EC.dsl
    144 bytes · Views: 87
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 110
  • SSDT-USBX.dsl