Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got it working using 2 methods Chimera is giving me

Specs:

AsRock Z87 Extreme6 PMPatched Bios Ver 2.10
Intel i5 4570 3.2 Ghz
2x MSI Nvidia Geforce 650 Ti Boost OC Twin Frozer 2GB
2x 1.5 TB Seagate Barricuda 7200.1 HDD
256 GB Sandisk Extreme Ultra SSD(Windows Drive)
12 GB DDR 1600
Atheros Wireless N Card

Tools:
PMPatch
afuwinx64
Unibeast
Multibeast
Chimera 2.1.2 Installer

Instalation:
  • Prepare Mavericks Pen Drive using Unibeast, remove Chimera and install 2.1.2 the 2.2.0 wouldn't stop reboot looping, copy Multibeast to installer drive
  • Boot system into Windows and open a cmd prompt as admin Navigate to afuwinx64 directory run the following commands:
    • afuwinx64 bios.bin /o
    • pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin
    • afuwinx64 bios-pmpatched.bin /gan
    • Reboot & rerun the first 2 to verify the patch is applied(not patching the file indicates a working bios)
  • boot from Unibeast Drive, set boot flag for GraphicsEnabler=No if you get stuck with white or apple logo screen, install.
  • reboot into OSX using the Unibeast drive,again GraphicsEnabler=No, run multibeast with the attached multibeast file.

Whats Working:
Everything, the first couple of boots were a little slow but its settled in since I have had some random lock ups with chimera and installing any other version again resulted in reboot loops

Attachments

• z87 Extreme6.mb
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,088
:) Hi Sir:

Do you success install Mac OS X 10.9 on Asrock Z87 ext6 with patch BIOS v2.10 ?

I got it working using 2 methods Chimera is giving me

Specs:

AsRock Z87 Extreme6 PMPatched Bios Ver 2.10
Intel i5 4570 3.2 Ghz
2x MSI Nvidia Geforce 650 Ti Boost OC Twin Frozer 2GB
2x 1.5 TB Seagate Barricuda 7200.1 HDD
256 GB Sandisk Extreme Ultra SSD(Windows Drive)
12 GB DDR 1600
Atheros Wireless N Card

Tools:
PMPatch
afuwinx64
Unibeast
Multibeast
Chimera 2.1.2 Installer

Instalation:
  • Prepare Mavericks Pen Drive using Unibeast, remove Chimera and install 2.1.2 the 2.2.0 wouldn't stop reboot looping, copy Multibeast to installer drive
  • Boot system into Windows and open a cmd prompt as admin Navigate to afuwinx64 directory run the following commands:
    • afuwinx64 bios.bin /o
    • pmpatch bios.bin bios-pmpatched.bin
    • afuwinx64 bios-pmpatched.bin /gan
    • Reboot & rerun the first 2 to verify the patch is applied(not patching the file indicates a working bios)
  • boot from Unibeast Drive, set boot flag for GraphicsEnabler=No if you get stuck with white or apple logo screen, install.
  • reboot into OSX using the Unibeast drive,again GraphicsEnabler=No, run multibeast with the attached multibeast file.

Whats Working:
Everything, the first couple of boots were a little slow but its settled in since I have had some random lock ups with chimera and installing any other version again resulted in reboot loops

sorry
where can i find bios patch???

sorry for my English

where can i find...bios-pmpatched.bin
thank's

Hey. For step 2, where is the afuwin directory? If it's on the USB how do I get into it if the drive is formatted to MacOS extended journaled?

ericthewino:
Which USB are you referring to?

What I have understood is -

The AMI utility referred in this step-2 can be obtained from http://www.ami.com/Support/amibiossupport/.
Once you download the zip file (amiflash.zip) from this site and unzip it you will get the afuwin directory.

However I believe for Step-2 you will need windows partition available on the same machine intended to be used for Step-3 so that the bios can be patched using pmpatch and afuwin or afudos.

formatta2003:
Thanks for the great post. I am planning to install mac on the same mobo but was not sure if it was possible. Your post has cleared that doubt and confirmed the possibility :thumbup:. Your provided steps are huge bonus as I did not see those for Asrock z87 boards.

Would sincerely appreciate if you could clarify these points -

1. Did you try Chimera 2.2.1 as well - your post indicates Chimera 2.2.0
2. To Clarify on whats working - Are you still experiencing system lockups or did they all go away once you resorted to Chimera 2.1.2

Just couple of days back Asrock has released Bios v2.20 for extreme6 - I am not sure if that will make any difference but I am thinking of starting with that - assuming that versions stays latest.

Sorry for the typo I intended to address TheDrkStoner for his original post and hope he can clarify further on my questions on his post.

Thank you for your guide. I did it with my rig and encountered a problem. What did you do to get the ethernet to work after multi-beast? I used the default pickings for DSDT-FREE w/ 1150 audio. Before multi-beast, the ethernet worked; however, after multi-beast, not so much? Before anyone says anything, I installed the audio drivers before and had no issue with the ethernet. Thanks ahead of time.

My Rig:
i7-4770k
Asrock Z87 Extreme6 PMPatch 2.30
8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport 12800
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 460 1GB ver 1

How much difference is there between your board and the asrock z87m oc formula? Is it possible to hackintosh this board without to much trouble?

I know this is an old post, but do you still have this running?
What OS version did you manage to get installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back