Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 * 2600k * ATI 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
ericchile said:
Got this all working with an old Nvidia card 8800 gt... but the thing is loud and I don't think it is any more powerful than the HD3000 (?)...

Is there a way to get the HD3000 working with hdmi?

Select "macmini" as your SMBIOS under system definitions in Multibeast and enable "onboard graphics" via UEFI. Double check to see if the "Graphics Enabler" string is present in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist via textedit. Which should look like this (this is to ensure you get full resolution supported by your monitor)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You should not have any discrete card present during boot or it will kernel panic. Ensure "onboard graphics" is enabled before turning it off and removing the discrete card from your system. Save your UEFI settings exit, turn off your system, remove the discrete card, plug in your HDMI or DVI to HDMI and you should be good to go.

screenshot20120319at119.jpg

If anyone hasn't noticed yet the new multibeast has the option of using Flaked's speed stepper patch.

I currently still use a HIS ATI 6850 for my primary graphics card. I just took a screenshot of a working system with HD3000 in use.

Sweet thanks for the help.

So I fired up Multibeast again and just checked the box for macmini (no others). Verified the files were set correctly via vi and rebooted after making the bios change and removing the card.

The system booted and I didn't get a kernel panic this time but it was drag slow. I couldn't even log in....

Any ideas what is up? Do I need to select all the orignal settings in Multibest again as well as macmini?

ericchile said:

So I fired up Multibeast again and just checked the box for macmini (no others). Verified the files were set correctly via vi and rebooted after making the bios change and removing the card.

The system booted and I didn't get a kernel panic this time but it was drag slow. I couldn't even log in....

Any ideas what is up? Do I need to select all the orignal settings in Multibest again as well as macmini?

No you don't need to re select via Multibeast. I'm assuming everything is fine using your 8800? Hard to recreate an issue when I don't see the problem on my end. I'll look into it though. Can you verify which device you're using for audio when using the HD3000 via HDMI. Is it the Realtek ALC892 or is it something else?

6th said:
ericchile said:

No you don't need to re select via Multibeast. I'm assuming everything is fine using your 8800? Hard to recreate an issue when I don't see the problem on my end. I'll look into it though. Can you verify which device you're using for audio when using the HD3000 via HDMI. Is it the Realtek ALC892 or is it something else?

How do I verify which sound device I am using? I haven't gotten as far as to test sound. I was hoping that I could plug in hdmi and have sound work through it. If not that was the next thing I would tackle.

Try booting with Graphics Enabler =no and see if you still lag. You won't get full resolution, but it's a step in determining what the real issue is. I assume you're on 10.7.3, correct?

6th said:
Try booting with Graphics Enabler =no and see if you still lag. You won't get full resolution, but it's a step in determining what the real issue is. I assume you're on 10.7.3, correct?

Ok updating from 10.7 to 10.7.3 solved the lag issue with HD3000... but still no sound devices. Any ideas how to have sound through HDMI?

Thanks for the help.

ive had my z68 extreme4 up and running for months now i upgraded to latest version of osx and broke lan. cant remember how i got it runnig in the first place can you help?

i swear it was some program with multi colored ethernet cables that installed it for me.

Broadcom BCM57781

help!

Re: [SUCCESS] Asrock Extreme4 GEN3 * 2600k * ATI 6850

6th said:
My apologies for not responding sooner, but you will need to boot utilizing the 32 bit bootscreen (32 bit kernel) in order for networking to work and enable the device after reboot via the network pane in system preferences.[/url]

Question and sorry if it is off topic, but are any disadvantages in using 32 bit kernel, instead of 64 bit one? Performance wise.

Thanks for the info and nice build.

I'm actually booting with the 64bit kernel now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back