Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 * 2600k * ATI 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
**Notice to anyone that has the BCM57781 chip onboard. DON'T upgrade to 10.7.4. This update breaks the current working driver and there is no fix for it currently. So you can have an awesome/fast Hackintosh just as long as you don't need to have a NIC. There is no supported NIC's listed on http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.4 so unless your buying a new MB avoid the update for awhile. - Asrock Z68 Extreme4 gen3

Hey. I can get the hd3000 graphics to work but I am using an his 6750 and when I try to get that to run after multibeast reboot it just hangs? Any suggestions. I did onboard till I stupidly updated to 10.7.4. Maybe define it as something other than Mac mini, cause I tried with no deffenitions and same thing. Thanks

sstakem said:
**Notice to anyone that has the BCM57781 chip onboard. DON'T upgrade to 10.7.4. This update breaks the current working driver and there is no fix for it currently. So you can have an awesome/fast Hackintosh just as long as you don't need to have a NIC. There is no supported NIC's listed on http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.4 so unless your buying a new MB avoid the update for awhile. - Asrock Z68 Extreme4 gen3

Can anyone else confirm this ?

I've just revisited this project and all is good but do not fancy a :beachball:

ps Anyone got sleep working ?

SubliminalAura said:
sstakem said:

Yeah this update doesn't work

domshyra said:
SubliminalAura said:
sstakem said:

Yeah this update doesn't work

Sleep has been working for quite sometime (I'll have to update this guide in regards to what steps are needed to have sleep working properly) As for the Broadcom issue, the updated kext "supposedly" works via static IP. Unfortunately you're not able to pull an IP via DHCP from your router. This pretty much goes for any motherboard utilizing Broadcom for network.

Would these same steps work for the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard or would I need a different DSDT file? I wanted to also use the integrated CPU graphics. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Still no solution/workaround for the BCM57781 ?

Why did I update ? Why why why ? :banghead:

Tnx for help. Im typing this on my stupid android phone that crashed few times so I cant write

jujuforce said:
Still no solution/workaround for the BCM57781 ?

Why did I update ? Why why why ? :banghead:

I still have not found a work around for this. I'M shock more people haven't had this issue. Almost makes me want to just go out and buy a Support piece of HW.

Me too.
I've installed 10.7.4 with Unibeast USB 'cause i was not able to find a solution getting the 10.7.2. App. I've bought Lion and 10.7.4 is the only version in AppStore now.
Actually everything without the BCM57781 works fine.

I do not use the DSDT, only TRIM update for SSD, audiosupport from multibeast, and adding id of my ATI 5750 HD to kext.

If there is any hope/chance/idea please reply.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back