ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
My previous built was due an upgrade and I finally got most of the components I needed

CPU: I9-10850K
MB: ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
RAM: 32 GB
Graphics: No card, maybe one day when prices and availability get back to something normal
Wifi/BT: BCM94360NG
NVME: Sabrent Rocet 1TB
PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-750
Case: Node 304-Fractal Design
CPU cooler: I got the BeQuiet Shadow Rock TF2 as it could be mounted on the motherboard but it’s too big for the case and I’m struggling to find one that fits and can handle the I9

@papadiche it looks like you managed to mount and install the Noctua NH-D15S in the Node 304 with the same motherboard, can you confirm this by any chance?

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 14.55.48.png

What works:
  • Audio
  • iGPU
  • Usb ports with USBMap kext
  • Wifi/BT
  • iMessage/Facetime
  • Continuity features: Handoff/Airdrop/Sidecar
  • Sleep/wake
What still needs to be done
  • Power/CPU management
I went through Dortania's guide about this but don't really get what needs to be done, any advice/guidance would be great :)

What doesn’t work
  • Thunderbolt 3 with hotplug
I have left TB disabled in BIOS for the time being as I don't really get how to activate the onboard port and I don't have a compatible device. I would just like to have the port active without flashing the TB firmware, any advice on how to achieve this would be great too :)

Here's the Geekbench result for this build
Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 15.13.41.png

Thanks to all the users and mods that answered the questions I had while making this build, it's really a great community.

Cheers!

Last edited:
do you have any problems with the iGPU ?
Display Port and HDMI work well? also dual monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back