Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

No issues. Dual booting latest version of both.

To be fair, my machine natively boots into macOS if I don’t do anything. In order to boot Windows, I hit F11 and and select Windows boot loader, and it goes right into Windows 11. Zero issues (and I’ve been doing this since day one with Win10).

Now on 13.2.1 and OpenCore 0.8.9.

No issues. Dual booting latest version of both.

To be fair, my machine natively boots into macOS if I don’t do anything. In order to boot Windows, I hit F11 and and select Windows boot loader, and it goes right into Windows 11. Zero issues (and I’ve been doing this since day one with Win10).
That means you are not using OC to dual boot, but the motherbaord bootloader. Your answer is meaningless in the context of the OP question.
I also cannot boot windows from OC with this board, but since i never use it anyway and when i do it just updates and mess with my bios boot order, i just forgot about it.

“Meaningless” seems harsh. Was just explaining how I am booting both OS’s.

Ok, I’ll stop being sensitive now.

How is OC with dual booting Windows 11 and OSX these days?
I have put together 8 or so Hackintoshes since late 2018. Some of those have been retired, but all of them were dual booting macOS and Windows through OpenCore without any problem (with and without AppleVTD enabled).

I have always installed Windows on a separate SSD that was first formatted in macOS using scheme “GUID Partition Map” to create an EFI partition. When installing Windows using a USB install disk created by “Media Creation Tool”, my macOS disks are physically disconnected.

OpenCore EFI is located only in the EFI partition of macOS SSD.

Updated to OC 0.9.0 and Ventura 13.3 without issue.

@candurin any chance you can post your EFI folder please, I've just updated to 13.3 and 0.9.1 and I'm getting issues with black screens only when I connect more than one monitor. It would help me troubleshoot :)

@candurin any chance you can post your EFI folder please, I've just updated to 13.3 and 0.9.1 and I'm getting issues with black screens only when I connect more than one monitor. It would help me troubleshoot :)
Sorry for the delay! I was overseas for work last week. Attached is my EFI folder.

Note: My EFI folder is like my golf swing. Don't ask me to make corrections because it is working as is (for me :))!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back