Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Hi rj510. I have a short question for you. I saw that you are using a 27" 4k display. I am also considering a similar display but i know that at native scaling it will be too small for me so i will probably using it scaled to 2560*1440 (second option from left). Are you using the monitor scaled? Did you see any performance issues with the gpu? I see mixed opinions over the internet over this topic
Thank you in advance.
I know this topic has become very quiet but I'd be interested in experiences of 27" 4K scaled to 1440 for our Hack use too. (I know, google it, but wanted to hear from @rj510 too!)

Re: the two replies above:

I have a 4K monitor with this hack (Sapphire Vega 56) -- I usually run at 4K 120Hz, but retina scaling is available at the resolutions in my screen grab. The GPU I have works fine at any of these. I personally find 1440p too blurry at the 27" 4K level - Maybe find a 32" 4K monitor? I might approximate the PPI you're looking for.

1616989201866.png

Could anyone having a working OC configuration with the latest OC (0.6.8) and Thunderbolt post her/his OC folder? That would be nice. I am sorry to say but, i have not really been able to step through with OC yet. Thanks in advance.
Tom

awesome! This is very helpful

Could anyone having a working OC configuration with the latest OC (0.6.8) and Thunderbolt post her/his OC folder? That would be nice. I am sorry to say but, i have not really been able to step through with OC yet. Thanks in advance.
Tom
Getting Thunderbolt to work is not only about the OC folder but also flashing a new firmware for the Thunderbolt controller and the 4.40C BIOS version.
I tried to do the whole process, the TB port seem to be recognized by the OS but got no luck with anything plugged into it yet.

Getting Thunderbolt to work is not only about the OC folder but also flashing a new firmware for the Thunderbolt controller and the 4.40C BIOS version.
I tried to do the whole process, the TB port seem to be recognized by the OS but got no luck with anything plugged into it yet.
I have used the original guide at page 1, and I have Thunderbolt working without a problem for data connections. (I've not tried a monitor though because I don't need/have one over Thunderbolt.) It's not hot swapable, but that is not a problem for me. I have not flashed anything on my motherboard.

I have used the original guide at page 1, and I have Thunderbolt working without a problem for data connections. (I've not tried a monitor though because I don't need/have one over Thunderbolt.) It's not hot swapable, but that is not a problem for me. I have not flashed anything on my motherboard.
Yes thats been doable since the guide was posted - but are you using OpenCore, which is what the OP was asking for help on?

Last edited:
Wasn't sure if anyone is still following this thread, but, was just easily able to update from Big Sur (OC 0.6.5) to Monterey (12.0.1/OC 0.7.4). OC Configurator made it simple. Didn't have to do anything other than run the tool and I was good to go.

Wasn't sure if anyone is still following this thread, but, was just easily able to update from Big Sur (OC 0.6.5) to Monterey (12.0.1/OC 0.7.4). OC Configurator made it simple. Didn't have to do anything other than run the tool and I was good to go.
Thanks - still got this thread on alert for exactly this sort of helpful info

Back