Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

@candurin I'm using OC 0.59, and I noticed the OC CleanNvram function can alter the boot priority without getting into BIOS setting page. It seems that 4.4c stores some parameters in the NVRAM. Could that be the main different between Clover and OC ?
That’s above my pay grade. I haven’t used OC yet and I can’t tell you why my install works. Unfortunately, I’m only really good at following instructions and taking advice or else I am not so knowledgeable when it comes to hackintosh.

Hey, I'm having a weird issue with my UAD Apollo plugins unloading. Not sure why. TB is working but i don't have Alpine Ridge showing under PCI. The Aapollo is though... Not sure why. Anybody have any ideas?

Hey, I'm having a weird issue with my UAD Apollo plugins unloading. Not sure why. TB is working but i don't have Alpine Ridge showing under PCI. The Aapollo is though... Not sure why. Anybody have any ideas?
Sucks to hear that. Have you tried another cable? How are you attaching it? Fwiw I've got a Satellite Octo connected via an Apple TB2>TB3 adapter, MacOS 10.14.6 - been rock solid. Alpine Ridge has never shown up under PCI (and nor would you expect it to unless you jump through some more hoops - and these have some issues it seems).

Sucks to hear that. Have you tried another cable? How are you attaching it? Fwiw I've got a Satellite Octo connected via an Apple TB2>TB3 adapter, MacOS 10.14.6 - been rock solid. Alpine Ridge has never shown up under PCI (and nor would you expect it to unless you jump through some more hoops - and these have some issues it seems).
Thanks for the reply Joshmo. Yes, ive tried a couple cables, first a cheap one from amazon and then when the issues started i figured the cable might be the problem so got a new apple tb3 cable. Issue still persists. Its going from the mobo to an octo, then to the twin x duo. It seems like no matter what i try the plugins just unload over and over. Its driving me nuts! But thunderbot is connected at boot and they are seen and in pci. Not sure what to try next.

Sorry I can't be more technical - only other things to check - I'm running BIOS 4.30 and have updated the TB NVM firmware using Windows 10. I've only daisy-chained the Octo to an Apollo using an Imac Pro elsewhere so I have no idea if that is an issue with our setups.

Sorry I can't be more technical - only other things to check - I'm running BIOS 4.30 and have updated the TB NVM firmware using Windows 10. I've only daisy-chained the Octo to an Apollo using an Imac Pro elsewhere so I have no idea if that is an issue with our setups.
Thanks. Is the 4.3 bios more stable thank 1.6? mine is very unstable and resets really often, and for no reason. it was like that in 1.2 as well

Thanks. Is the 4.3 bios more stable thank 1.6? mine is very unstable and resets really often, and for no reason. it was like that in 1.2 as well
All I can say is that 4.30 has been totally solid here on Windows 10 / Mojave dual boot - so much so I'm loathe to update BIOS any further. Mind you I don't overclock, just lifted the power limits for the i9. I would suggest trying it except - caveat - you won't be able to return to 1.6, so YMMV and its your own responsibility!

Does anyone have problems with 4g encoding enabled? My system will not boot if i set it to enabled. Im using graphics card and the exact efi from this post. Any ideas?

Does anyone have problems with 4g encoding enabled? My system will not boot if i set it to enabled. Im using graphics card and the exact efi from this post. Any ideas?
Nevermind, Updating BIOS to 4.3 fixed it in case anyone else has this problem. So now it dosent stall at boo,t and it also makes it boot alot faster.

Back