Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

At this moment, I think the Thunderbolt SSDT is very unstable. I don't use a GPU, but even with the iGPU - I have had sleep wake issues, monitor disconnects etc. The modified firmware is known to not work with sleep wake. So I guess choices are limited.

@mango1122 FWIW I tried injecting DROM and UUID on the patched firmware => No luck. TB3 still dies after sleep.
Yeah same behaviour. I’ve given up for now. Worth a try - I read somewhere that you can try with setting thunderbolt option - sw smi on tbt hotplug to enable. If that doesn’t work try the other one -acpi notify on tbt hotplug. If that doesn’t work set both to enable. In all 3 tests start with a cold boot.

Good day, is anyone use IGPU connectors patching?
For me everything work, but, in Hackintool i see DP connection type instead HDMI, when i use IGPU HDMI Out.
I know about instruction: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/extras/gpu-patches.html
But, maybe anyone already have appropriate config (preferably for open core :) )
I think i found relative example hire:
this is connectors for ASRock Z390M-itx/ac but i think, it also compatible with phantom model:

I think i found relative example hire:
this is connectors for ASRock Z390M-itx/ac but i think, it also compatible with phantom model:
I use follow configs for check changes:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BwCbPg==</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>BAAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
<data>xwMAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<data>AwAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>EgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>AAAAgA==</data>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Block</key>
<dict/>
</dict>
as same as
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BwCbPg==</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>AAAAgA==</data>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Block</key>
<dict/>
</dict>
At both cases as result, in Hackintool I see connection type as HDMI, but in system sound settings - audio out type shown as Display Port :(

Last edited:
Is anyone, who using IGPU HDMI see the same connector type in audio out settings?

Last edited:
Hello @rj510
I also want minimalistic setup without dGPU based on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
I need hackintosh for work. My main requirements = 3 monitors 2560x1080 75Hz.

Is it possible to connect all 3 monitors at the same time? Maybe you try it.
1st - via HDMI, 2nd - via Display port, 3rd - via Thunderbolt 3 with Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter

I see that such configuration is possible in theory, according to Intel website docs
What is your recommendation?
Or it's easier to take simpler motherboard, but with dGPU?

Thank you in advance.
Hi there, I'm using a triple monitor setup for 4 years now (1920x1200). in the beginning I was sceptic with TB3 port but it works flawlessly. What I had to do to get over standby/sleep issues was to add properties for no-hda-gfx as this causes KP after wakeup events (I guess because my monitor has no sound).
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-31 um 19.14.48.png

OK. So with the update to 10.15.5 I do not any drivers are loaded under System Report > Thunderbolt. However, all my devices connected to my TB3 dock are working perfectly. Seems odd. Perhaps the SSDT needs to be updated for the most recent Catalina update?

OK. So with the update to 10.15.5 I do not any drivers are loaded under System Report > Thunderbolt. However, all my devices connected to my TB3 dock are working perfectly. Seems odd. Perhaps the SSDT needs to be updated for the most recent Catalina update?
So you managed to solve your rig freezing? If so, how?

Back