Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Also wanted to share my experiences with the SSDTs @mango1122 provided

First, updated to BIOS 4.40C and enabled Force Power.

I initially tried SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml, DTGP.aml, and E2C to XE2C patch on NVM 14. It worked with proper display in system information!!! However, upon sleeping the system I got a crash, and upon booting it was back to "No drivers loaded". Additionally, windows reports "ACPI Error" and won't boot.

During this process, I discovered that I was able to update to NVM 20 only if I use the Windows Boot Loader without the OpenCore boot loader. So, I'm now on NVM 20, which is great.

I've since tried all possible combinations of SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI_D8.aml, SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml, DTGP.aml, and the E2C to XE2C patch. IOReg reports "dc" for my system. Still seeing "No drivers loaded" for all conditions unfortunately. If I have SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI_D8.aml or SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml and DTGP.aml loaded in OpenCore and try to boot into Windows I get an ACPI error.

Any thoughts?
You are making changes in your config.plist to load the different SSDT files whenever you make changes correct?

I am using SSDT-STPG.aml and SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml (renamed to SSDT-TbtOnPch.aml) and everything is working spot on.

Also, I have doubled my start up speed! I deleted all the old driversUEFI and UEFI64 folders as well as the BIOS drivers folder. Now, I only have drivers in the EFI > CLOVER > DRIVERS > UEFI folder and nowhere else.

My boot time is down to 26 seconds. Woot!

Thanks! will pull it together. Where can I find SSDT-STPG.aml?

I have noticed something. When I wake the PC from sleep , the Thunderbolt dock disappears from the System Information > Thunderbolt section. The devices connected to the dock work fine. I can pullout and TB cable from the Mobo and replug it without issues. This may explain why some people are seeing devices getting ejected after sleep.
I do not have a fix for it. Hopefully someone else will come up with one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 1.23.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 1.23.38 PM.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 1.24.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 1.24.35 PM.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Some more information - After using the SSDT if you see "No drivers loaded" then do the following. This worked on a friends PC.

1. Make sure you have both the (SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml OR SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI_D8.aml) AND SSDT-DTPG.aml (important) in you Clover/OC (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tb3-igpu-mojave-sff-build.277418/post-2117075)
2. Make sure you Rename _E2C to XE2C using Clover or OC
3. Do a cold reboot - plug out the power, drain the capacitor by pressing the power button on the pc when the pc is unplugged - leave for 2 minutes
4. Make sure your TB BIOS properties are exactly as per PIC 6 here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tb3-igpu-mojave-sff-build.277418/post-2092659
5. Boot off from a TB dock. Connect a USB device to the dock , then goto BIOS and see if that device is available to boot from. You don't need to boot from the device. This mostly does the trick. I think it somehow forces the firmware to recognise the device - so when MacOS boots up it loads the SSDT is able to initialise the device properly.

Hi guys, attach my folder OC 0.5.8 (remember fill in plattform section with yours data)

I have SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI_D8.aml but i change internal "d8" to "dc" this file works better so that SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml (I don't know why)

For me everything works very well, the only thing is the TB tree theme that doesn't show up connected but since I don't have any TB device I don't care.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    56.7 MB · Views: 251
Some more information - After using the SSDT if you see "No drivers loaded" then do the following. This worked on a friends PC.

1. Make sure you have both the (SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI.aml OR SSDT-TbtOnPch_PINI_D8.aml) AND SSDT-DTPG.aml (important) in you Clover/OC (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tb3-igpu-mojave-sff-build.277418/post-2117075)
2. Make sure you Rename _E2C to XE2C using Clover or OC
3. Do a cold reboot - plug out the power, drain the capacitor by pressing the power button on the pc when the pc is unplugged - leave for 2 minutes
4. Make sure your TB BIOS properties are exactly as per PIC 6 here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tb3-igpu-mojave-sff-build.277418/post-2092659
5. Boot off from a TB dock. Connect a USB device to the dock , then goto BIOS and see if that device is available to boot from. You don't need to boot from the device. This mostly does the trick. I think it somehow forces the firmware to recognise the device - so when MacOS boots up it loads the SSDT is able to initialise the device properly.
I confirm this works! Thanks @mango1122 .
But I don't need step5.

Thanks for your great work! @mango1122
One more question. I got this error message, the only one about TB, from the system log:

2020-05-08 15:59:07.403064+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (IOThunderboltFamily) <IOThunderboltFamily`IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM()> IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM - Error getting DROM from I/O Registry (0xe00002be)

Did that mean the system tried to getDROM from IOThunderboltEEPROM but failed. So I need to create a customized DROM as CaseySJ said.

Back