Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

OK. It works. It was a cable issue the entire time.

Not sure why the TB3 cables cause the drive to operate at the lowest speed (including the OEM Apple TB3 cable and any Anker ones I tried). USB A to C (with an adapter) gives the best speeds.

if you are using active TB3 cables (anything over .8 meter), then that is expected behavior
g\

Well well, it looks like I have a fully functional hackintosh here! :)
I there any chance to get back the 2 USB3 ports under the LAN without losing anything else?

I there any chance to get back the 2 USB3 ports under the LAN without losing anything else?

Hello! This MB have 21 ports, isn't it possible without passing the maximum of 15 that Apple has and doing it with the port limit patch is not a good idea. You can connect a hub to a USB, that's if it's safe.

If you fully sleep/wake with USB drives attached are they ejected?

No at last, wake up with USB still connected :clap:
Was this an issue for you that you had to resolve (if so, how?) or was it never a problem? Its the one thing I can't sort out here. EDIT > Ahhh I forgot, you're doing OpenCore aren't you. So interested in trying that, but it precludes Windows dual-boot doesn't it.

Last edited:
OK, finally working perfectly; sleep wake OK; I don't have anything to test TB3.

i5-9600K, RX 5700 XT Red Dragon w/SMBIOS 19,1, Apple M.2 WiFi card.

Here is my EFI OC 0.5.7 if anyone wants to use.

Only strange is the in BIOS. I can boot with CSM off + Above4g off OK;
CSM on + Above4g on OK ; CSM off + Above4g off (as recommented) not ok.
BIOS 4.40.

Attachments

• Z390-phantom-itx-EFI.zip
    57.6 MB · Views: 308
Sorry if this was covered, but I haven’t seen it in the thread and I’ve gone through the whole post.

I have a:

ASRock Phantom z390 ITX/ac - BIOS v1.6
Intel 8700
Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I followed the Designare guide linked in the first post for creating a new installation of Mojave 10.14.6, and I was able to load Mojave and enter the GUI. I then followed the “post-installation” steps in the Designare thread which includes tweaking the config.plist, adding kexts, etc. I then added the specific settings and kexts for this thread on top of what’s listed in Designare. I figured some things in the Designare thread were important, like making sure Ethernet ports work. When I saved the config.plist and restarted the Hackintosh it took over 40 minutes to get about 80% loaded for the boot-up loading bar and then stalled at 80%. I did not have Verbose on, but clearly there are major conflicts. I am just going to start from scratch and install a clean version.

When should I stop following the Designare thread and only follow this guide - once I can enter the Mojave GUI?

EDIT: Going to experiment with following the Designare guide up until MultiBeast, then using all of the resources in this thread. Will update.

EDIT 2:did what I proposed above, loading macOS went very fast until it reached 50% and then slowed to a crawl, again stuck at 80%, going to do errands and see if it gets fixed. Will try again with Verbose on to catch the issue

EDIT 3: After careful re-reading of both Designare thread and this thread, the files attached, and some threads I have a successful boot with about 20 seconds load time. I have some issues that hopefully rj510 or another person can assist with:

I installed Xcode 10.3 onto my Mojave 10.14.6 OS to edit the USB kext, yet I am still unable to have access for the USB port that is beneath the Ethernet port (the one that comes disabled with the supplied kext). Is there anything else I need to edit? I have attached the info.plist from the USB kext for anyone to check my work. I have tried to edit myself but seem stuck.

Many ports are not showing up in the System Information tool, like the USB ports or Audio or Bluetooth, but at least for USB (other than that one port) they all work when something is plugged in. Any suggestion as to where to make these things start to become visible within System Information?

Attachments

• Info.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back