Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

@mango1122: Thanks. Will try next week.

@rj510: I noticed you made many updates over time. Have you updated the EFI folder as you went along or do we need to update ourselves?

To all: My DW1560 does Wifi and Bluetooth just fine - but - without airdrop, handoff or continuity. Do you guys have airdrop, handoff or continuity?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I never used a Mac before. Copying your Hackintosh build last week. I keep on reading but its quite overwhelming, and I also read contradictory stuff fairly often.

Last edited:
@rj510 : do you know if either Vega 64 or RX 580 will support dual monitor? Thanks a bunch!

Well, intrigued and wanting to move on with my now 'old' pre-9900, 18,3 build, I followed on with all the initial advice but failed. Always getting 3/4 way through a boot and then a kernel panic. Tried both supplied configs, checked my BIOS for anything odd etc, but..

Anyways... my main goal was to get my 9900K Asrock Gaming ITX build up to date now that the 9900K is 'officially' supported, especially where the iGPU was concerned. My initial build was spoofing and using Clover's 'inject intel' flag, reporting back as 'KBL Intel'. Not sure if this would have been working fully and at full tilt?

I've now used Hackintool to patch my iGPU properly, I think, and my SMBIOS is now set as an iMac19,1. So all good.

Finally, RJ, your opencl scores in Geekbench peaked my interest.. 32000 odd...I'm pretty much averaging 24500, or thereabouts. Not sure if this is down to the version of Geekbench you was using? Anyone else able to throw some opencl scores at me? And is there any way of confirming the iGPU is fully functioning with hardware acceleration, etc.?

Thanks and sorry for the rambling post...

Updated to Catalina flawless... two reboot and desktop...

All run without problems.

View attachment 429459

I really recommend moving Catalina to another thread (title is for Mojave). Sorry, but I won't be helping anyone with Catalina on this mobo.

@rj510 : do you know if either Vega 64 or RX 580 will support dual monitor? Thanks a bunch!

Sorry, I only have one monitor, so I cannot answer for this mobo. And my build is now only iGPU in a SFF case.

I really recommend moving Catalina to another thread (title is for Mojave). Sorry, but I won't be helping anyone with Catalina on this mobo.

Hello, I just let you know for information, so that you know in this forum that you can update this board with our configuration without problems, from there I see normal to open another forum.
I also posted it on Catalina's forum.
Thank you

Well, intrigued and wanting to move on with my now 'old' pre-9900, 18,3 build, I followed on with all the initial advice but failed. Always getting 3/4 way through a boot and then a kernel panic. Tried both supplied configs, checked my BIOS for anything odd etc, but..

Anyways... my main goal was to get my 9900K Asrock Gaming ITX build up to date now that the 9900K is 'officially' supported, especially where the iGPU was concerned. My initial build was spoofing and using Clover's 'inject intel' flag, reporting back as 'KBL Intel'. Not sure if this would have been working fully and at full tilt?

I've now used Hackintool to patch my iGPU properly, I think, and my SMBIOS is now set as an iMac19,1. So all good.

Finally, RJ, your opencl scores in Geekbench peaked my interest.. 32000 odd...I'm pretty much averaging 24500, or thereabouts. Not sure if this is down to the version of Geekbench you was using? Anyone else able to throw some opencl scores at me? And is there any way of confirming the iGPU is fully functioning with hardware acceleration, etc.?

Thanks and sorry for the rambling post...

I'm a little confused by your first paragraph that says "Always getting 3/4 way through a boot and then a kernel panic." But then in 3rd paragraph you say "So all good." Are we to ignore the first paragraph, or are you still not able to boot?

As for Geekbench (GB), I used GB4. If you're using GB5, all scores are lower. If you are using GB4, DDR4 speeds as well as overclocking can also affect GB results. You might need to play with some of these values, based on your DDR4 speeds and how well your CPU is cooled.

I don't inject any properties to get the iGPU working (see last config.plist file on first post) aside from the Clover Devices/Arbitrary section here:

iGPU Arbitrary.jpg

For testing iGPU functionality, which mostly relates to using the iGPU with a graphics card, see these posts here and here. To test the iGPU for acceleration, Google and download "VideoProc.app".

Hi!
Thank you very much for your work!

1. I have a question. Why can't you use USBInjectAll with your DSDT patches to remove the 15 port limit?
2. And another question. If you can’t make a USB limit of up to 20 ports, then could you turn off HS 01 and HS 02, and turn on HS 09 and SS 06 instead? I think many who do not need internal USB 2.0 ports, but many who need external.

If option 1 is not possible, then please help me do what is described in option 2. It’s very difficult for me to do all this.

You certainly can use USBInjectAll with a proper SSDT (UIAC) file. This file can be created with Hackintool. If you go this route, then do not use a USBPorts kext file. Attached is a sample of such a file, but you'll need to edit it to inject the ports that you prefer.

I've found that if you use USBInjectAll and then inactivate ports with a Clover boot argument, like this:

uia_exclude=HS07;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS06;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

that you can often achieve the same result without using an SSDT (UIAC) file. Any values you place in this argument will not work. Any left off the list, will work. (Don't cancel any port where you want to place your keyboard and mouse!)

There is such an argument provided in the latest config.plist file on the first post of this thread (as shown below).

Boot argument.jpg

If you try to enable more than 15 ports then you run the risks of instability, inability to boot, problems connecting USB drives, etc. As for which ports to inactivate, it's your choice. The process is described in detail in the USBPorts spoiler, with well-labelled diagrams, on the first post on this thread. The USB ports that are available on this mobo are also shown on the first post; please refer to those images when making a choice as to which ports to cancel.

Attachments

• SSDT-ASRock-Z390-ITX-UIAC.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 94
Last edited:
Guys - Ive been using the dw1560 wifi card just like r510.

Now I would like to switch to BCM943602cs - which should work OOB. How do I correctly remove dw1560 from EFI folder? Which kexts? Which config.plist entries?

Guys - Ive been using the dw1560 wifi card just like r510.

Now I would like to switch to BCM943602cs - which should work OOB. How do I correctly remove dw1560 from EFI folder? Which kexts? Which config.plist entries?

The substitution should work without any functional changes.

The only area that you might want to adjustment is the the descriptive area in Clover/Arbitrary (which affects the PCI section under System Information):

Clover-BT.jpg

Click on the high-lighted value on the left and edit those items on the right such as the Model (not shown as the right section has been scrolled up), and the compatible, device-id and vendor-id values (these 3 could also be clicked to "Disable" if you're uncertain of the exact values).

Back