Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Unfortunately it doesn't help to solve my problem. Yesterday I downloaded the USBPorts-z390-ASRock PhGmlT-iMac19,1-V8.kext and put it in the EFI>CLOVER>KEXTS>Other. After that the Hackintosh recognised the USB 3.0, 3.1 and Type-C drives. After shutting down the Hackintosh a few hours later it didn't work anymore. Quite strange!

I also removed the Kext and put it back in but that didn't work as well:/

Do I have to do more than to put the Kext in the Other Folder?

Here's my EFI Folder for more information.

I didn't look too deeply, but it looks like the USBPorts, which you are using, is targeting an iMac19,1 SMBIOS, but your config is emulating iMac18,2.

@samtheprogram, I changed the config.plist to iMac19,1 but that also didn't help:/

It's so strange because it worked after copying the Kext to the Other folder.
Could you pls look a little deeper because it's my first hackintosh, and I'm not into it like your are. :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 123
@rj510, to sum this up: Asrock Z390 Gaming mITX and Apollo Thunderbolt works great?

I've started to notice that wake up from sleep is not working properly after the last 10.14.6 sup. update. (using gtx7600 and DP). Not sure if it's nVidia related or something else.

BIOS file with Apple logo

Attachments

• Z39PGIX1.60.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 70
TB3 hotplug

Have you guys read this? Anyone tried this on the z390 phantom yet?

I still cant test anything. My new PC is up and running but I still havent installed Mojave as I am still working on getting the installer

FYI, a rather interesting/surprising accidental discovery. These boards boot 100% fine and stable without any aptiofix driver at all. I have to wonder if that isn't better given the current (broken) state of Aptiofixes and Z390.

g\

So it looks very promising... see if the gurus end up confirming it and we can prove it.

Back