Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

First of all, thanks @rj510 for this awesome guide. I was able to follow it and almost just copy and paste to get my system working. USB-C HUB, airdrop and handoff after installing the Lenovo wifi card (04x6020). One thing that I can't make it work is my USB 3.0 HDD.

It shows up on Disk Utility and Hackintool but doesn't mount. It's working on my MacBook.

Does anyone have any idea what could be?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.03.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.03.27.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.02.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.02.59.png
    91 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.03.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 18.03.37.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 73
Thank you very much for your work rj510.

I am doing my first hackintosh and I am using:
- asrock z390i phantom gaming
- intel i5-9600 3,7GHz
- 32GB RAM corsair DDR4
- 2 NVMe HDD Crucial 500GB (one in the front of the mobo and one in the back)

I would like to make a dual boot install for macOS and Windows.

I decided to install first of all macOS and followed your guide.

I used UniBeast to create the USB installer and everything went ok. I deleted the “Clover” folder that UniBeast created in the USB and copied your “Clover” folder with all your files (may be that was my mistake).

I updated the BIOS to 1.6 and change all the settings you said. And plugged the USB installer. I switched on the PC, and the Clover window appeared. I selected to boot from the macOS installer USB and appeared the Apple logo and the progress bar.

However, when the progress bar reached almost the end, it stopped there forever. I reset the PC and change the USB and the same happened.

I thought it could be due to having deleted the clover folder to copy yours. May be I should have copied yours into the folder that UniBeast created and overwrote the files that were duplicated.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

JRRM

Have you edited the config file with the proper ID's/SN by any chance?
Also try to run the installer with the verbose mode on for more info.

Hey, @rj510, thank you for this awesome guide! I've been lurking this forum for quite a while now, and I've successfully built 2 hackintoshes with the Asrock Z390 ITX/ac mainboard + i9-9900K. I did encountered a weird issue with the v4.0 bios (both mainboards came with the same 4.0 version). I had exactly the same EFI / Clover bootloader configuration on both machines but one of them will just refuse to boot past the "End RandomSeed" line. Compared all the Bios settings and absolutely all of them where equal. What fixed the boot issue was a CMOS reset. Luckily, we have the button so that did the magic. Cleared the CMOS and configured the same BIOS settings again and voila! It worked!

I'm not sure whats up with this glitch but I suspect there might be something with the BIOS...

If anyone runs into this booting issues where you will see the End RandomSeed and the +++++ line, just try to clear the CMOS, and see if that helps (of course after checking all the aptio memory EFI stuff that's not missing)

Thanks a lot and happy 'hackintoshing'!

Last edited:
Hi! I just want to say you are such a genius to make this mobo perfect for hackintosh. I have read your threads more than 10 times. Everytime I read it, I found something new to me. Thanks to your selfless efforts, I finally got a excellent hackintosh. Everything goes well by using your EFI.

For someone who has had some issues with your hacintosh, you should read this thread step by step, time by time. Everything is just here waiting for you to discover.

Anyway, thank you. I will be waiting for your EFI update for 10.15 Catalina.

Have you edited the config file with the proper ID's/SN by any chance?
Also try to run the installer with the verbose mode on for more info.

Thanks for your advice @sebastiandd.

I run the process in verbose mode. I got some errors ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed AE_NOT_FOUND...

I took a photo of the log.

image.jpg

Sorry @jrumol, don't know that error.
Few suggestions:
- try with a different USB drive (had an issue in the past that it was stuck when loading, managed to install from a different usb stick);
- try with a plain UniBeast installer and update the EFI folder after.

I got mine from Dell directly. Chat with an agent on the US site and ask for DW1560 Dell Genuine / Part Number: 6XRYC. Costed me 20$ + shipping.
Yeh I I’m in China, Taobao makes sense !

First of all, thanks @rj510 for this awesome guide. I was able to follow it and almost just copy and paste to get my system working. USB-C HUB, airdrop and handoff after installing the Lenovo wifi card (04x6020). One thing that I can't make it work is my USB 3.0 HDD.

It shows up on Disk Utility and Hackintool but doesn't mount. It's working on my MacBook.

Does anyone have any idea what could be?

Thanks!

When you're viewing the USB HDD in Disk Utility, click on the mount button and do a un-mount/mount, and see if that mounts the drive.

Hey, @rj510, thank you for this awesome guide! I've been lurking this forum for quite a while now, and I've successfully built 2 hackintoshes with the Asrock Z390 ITX/ac mainboard + i9-9900K. I did encountered a weird issue with the v4.0 bios (both mainboards came with the same 4.0 version). I had exactly the same EFI / Clover bootloader configuration on both machines but one of them will just refuse to boot past the "End RandomSeed" line. Compared all the Bios settings and absolutely all of them where equal. What fixed the boot issue was a CMOS reset. Luckily, we have the button so that did the magic. Cleared the CMOS and configured the same BIOS settings again and voila! It worked!

I'm not sure whats up with this glitch but I suspect there might be something with the BIOS...

If anyone runs into this booting issues where you will see the End RandomSeed and the +++++ line, just try to clear the CMOS, and see if that helps (of course after checking all the aptio memory EFI stuff that's not missing)

Thanks a lot and happy 'hackintoshing'!

Yes, clearing the BIOS and often I will re-flash the BIOS and use the stored settings to quickly re-set everything. The BIOS is finicky and often gets corrupted, especially with crashes and forced re-boots when the OSX fails to boot.

Back