Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

BIOS 4.1 is out. I'm not sure if some significant changes related to hackintosh are involved.

I'm rocking BIOS 1.5. Is there any benefits going for 4.X? My only problem for now is basically that my USB drive gets ejected after sleep.

I'm rocking BIOS 1.5. Is there any benefits going for 4.X? My only problem for now is basically that my USB drive gets ejected after sleep.

4.0 still have USB ejected issue.

There seems no obvious benefits related to hackintosh.

BIOS 4.1 is out. I'm not sure if some significant changes related to hackintosh are involved.
I checked, there are no changes related to hackintosh. The BIOS is very similar with v4.0. Same DSDT bug also, so fix is also still needed.

/edit
In conclusion, i would not recommend the Asrock Z390 Gaming ITX AC, except you need an mini itx board with a TB3 port, but the TB3 is totally crippled (low power version, bandwith is not max 40 but something more like 18).

I already ordered an custom mini itx case from china so I'm stuck with this terrible board. (Thank Asrock, they saved about 2 dollars for a crippled TB3 controller.) If you plan a small build, go with the Gigabyte Gaming Z390M in Combination with the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Card (together about 10 bucks more expensive the the Asrock). You will get full TB3 support with 40Gbits and also you can push your DGPU Signal through, but of the cost that you will have an micro ATX Board.

Has anyone tried this combination of Z390M and Titan Ridge for Hackintosh? Or is it just a theory that it would work?

OK. I've had my almost identical Hackintosh up and running for months now. I updated plist, etc., using this thread as it seems to be a more complete build.

Quick question, my front two USB connectors on my case (which are connected to HS10/11 and SS07/08 header) do NOT recognize my iPhone nor iPad when I connect the Lighting cable in those ports. I expect because the USB 2.0 portion of those ports are disabled. The same holds true when I connect my USB C Lightning cable to the TB3 USB C port on the Mobo. All other ports do recognize the devices.

Any ideas how I can modify the SSDT or USB kexts to COMPLETELY disable the ports below the Ethernet port and restore USB 2.0 (or whatever allows apple devices to be recognized) to the USB C/TB3 and the front USB ports in my case (HS10/11) header?

Can i just say thank you! This has been a great resource for my hack build. I essentially got it up and running in one evening. Nearly all the hardware is the same but i've done it in a Dan A4 with an asetek AIO. The thing is great! Tomorrow i'll receive the last component. The Wifi/BT card. I found a BCM94350ZAE for £10. I've removed the intel card and the side of the shield so i can just drop the new card in without having to take the mobo out to access screws. Does anyone know if i'll have to alter anything to make the BCM94350ZAE function?

No you don't need to alter anything. For me it worked straight out of the box.

Hi, you can try this mine:

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 76
See this earlier post here and this one here regarding Mac settings that can help with sleep/wake function.

Another issue might be your Clover/Boot argument settings. Darkwake can affect this; I've set mine to "darkwake=8".
Thank you. "darkwake=8" works very well.
While your config.plist still says darkwake=0. I'm assuming this is for sharing purpose.

Is it possible to make the Thunderbolt port work as a USB 3 Gen 2?

Back