Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

You can use BIOS 4.00 - downgrade from 4.40 to 4.00 is possible
Flashed to 4.00 Native option enabled as per 4.30. Same SDK_NATIVE_MODE_MISMATCH error using each of the FWUpdateTools linked from the PDF. Rats!
Back to 4.30, which seems to work well for me.

Flashed to 4.00 Native option enabled as per 4.30. Same SDK_NATIVE_MODE_MISMATCH error using each of the FWUpdateTools linked from the PDF. Rats!
Back to 4.30, which seems to work well for me.

Hmm that shouldn't happen. Can you both try this tool - run and point it to the ASROCK_Z390_PG_ITX_ac_LP_HR_2C_A1_rev20_TI_170628_noUVP_CNL firmware file. Post a screenshot of the error.

On a side note: I may have had success in activating the Thunderbolt Bus. I'll share some steps soon

Attachments

• FwUpdateTool.exe.zip
    124.2 KB · Views: 103
@Joshmo & @mango1122, I've just tried out 4.00 and am having the same issue. I can enable Windows 10 native support in the BIOS, which wasn't possible on 4.40. I'm getting the same error though with the updater that @mango1122 posted. See the attached error.

Stumped!
Capture.PNG

Try factory defaults on BIOS. Pull out power and try again.

Presumably factory defaults + Windows 10 Native TB mode enabled, right? Will give it a go

Presumably factory defaults + Windows 10 Native TB mode enabled, right? Will give it a go
i didn’t enable the native TB mode. Factory reset should be enough

@mango1122 That's great news about potentially activating TB bus.
I will try the BIOS defaults etc - trying to think of other variables as well. You don't have a GPU? What TB device did you have connected when you upgraded the FW?

@mango1122 That's great news about potentially activating TB bus.
I will try the BIOS defaults etc - trying to think of other variables as well. You don't have a GPU? What TB device did you have connected when you upgraded the FW?
I had a Caldigit Ts3 plus connected. If nothing works clear the CMOS.

I’m eagerly waiting for what you’ve got, mango. I’m sitting here on BIOS 1.6 and would love full TB3 support.

I do have USB-c working, so that’s a start.

@mango1122 and for anyone still interested - the above attached FwUpdateTool.exe isn't enough to get the ball rolling - you need FwUpdateAPI.dll in the same directory, which can be grabbed from the links in the Intel TB PDF Update Guide .
There are 3 different versions of this file, different for each of the 3 NUCs. I've now tried them all and still got the SDK_NATIVE_MODE_MISMATCH error, with and without enabling BIOS native option. I refuse to give up - although I'm slightly apprehensive about clearing CMOS as the Hack side of things is running ok and don't want to break anything!

Back