Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

I'm having problems with the Ethernet port. Just moved to a new apartment (previously I was using only WiFi), and I don't get any signal to the port. Not sure is the problem somewhere else, doesn't work on Windows side either. Lenovo WiFi card doesn't affect this?

I'm having problems with the Ethernet port. Just moved to a new apartment (previously I was using only WiFi), and I don't get any signal to the port. Not sure is the problem somewhere else, doesn't work on Windows side either. Lenovo WiFi card doesn't affect this?
The Lenovo WiFi card is not supposed to interfere with LAN.
Maybe the fact that Ethernet doesn't work in both Windows and macOS is the same problem or two separate problems.

First go in your BIOS settings and go in Advanced > Chipset configuration > Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V > ENABLE.

Then boot on Windows and open the boot manager and check if the LAN drivers are properly installed (no device with a "?", LAN device properly showing). If everything is good there is no reason it wont work in Windows. If it does not work, well the problem may come from either a defective LAN chipset on your MoBo, your Ethernet cable or your network router.

If it work on Windows it should work on macOS. If not, just check you have IntelMausiEthernet kext installed and properly injected during boot.

By the way, sorry it's a bit off-topic, but I see you have a Sapphire RX 580. Could you check your GPU temp and power consumption in both Windows and macOS when doing nothing/light browsing ?
Thanks !

@rj510 Did you get the Apple Watch unlock to work with this hack ?. I have a DW1560 that works perfect except for the unlock part. I am injecting from OpenCore/Clover the following - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.

Everything works (continuity, handoff, airdrop) except for the unlock. When I enable it, it works for a while and then nothing. At the login window it it waits for the Apple Watch to unlock it and gives up - falling back on the password.

Code:
2019-11-05 17:01:18.542305+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM3) BrcmPatchRAM: Version 2.3.0d3 starting on OS X Darwin 19.0.
2019-11-05 17:01:28.143012+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmFirmwareData) BrcmPatchRAM: Loaded compressed embedded firmware for key "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1572_v5668".
2019-11-05 17:01:28.152295+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmFirmwareData) BrcmPatchRAM: Decompressed firmware (29651 bytes --> 70012 bytes).
2019-11-05 17:01:28.160700+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmFirmwareData) BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware is valid IntelHex firmware.
2019-11-05 17:01:28.268457+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM3) BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:216f]: USB [184F32F3A05E v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
2019-11-05 17:01:28.279595+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM3) BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:216f]: Firmware upgrade not needed.
2019-11-05 17:01:28.287524+0800 0x16c      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM3) BrcmPatchRAM: Processing time 0.119 seconds.

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 5.29.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 5.30.41 PM.png

The Lenovo wifi card is not supposed to interfere with LAN.
Maybe the fact that Ethernet dont work in both Windows and macOS is the same problem or two separate problems.

First go in your BIOS settings and go in Advanced > Chipset configuration > Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V > ENABLE.

Then boot on Windows and open the boot manager and check if the LAN drivers are properly installed (no device with a "?", LAN device properly showing). If everything is good there is no reason it wont work in Windows. If it does not work, well the problem may come from either a defective LAN chipset on your MoBo, your ethernet cable or your network router.

If it work on Windows it should work on macOS. If not, just check you have IntelMausiEthernet kext installed and properly injected during boot.

By the way, sorry it's a bit off-topic, but I see you have a Sapphire RX580. Could you check your GPU temp and power consumption in both Windows and macOS when doing nothing/light browsing ?
Thanks !
Thanks!
Ethernet was enabled in BIOS and the driver on Windows seems to be installed properly. This is a completely new apartment so the problem could be somewhere else.

I checked the temps, and, when doing light browsing in Windows, GPU Temp: 35°C / 30.57W and in Mojave about 37°C - 39°C (using Chrome, couldn't get wattage from HWMonitor).

Last edited:
Thanks!
Ethernet was enabled in BIOS and the driver on Windows seems to be installed properly. This is a completely new apartment so the problem could be somewhere else.

I check'd the temps and when doing light browsing in Windows GPU Temp: 35°C / 30.57W and in Mojave about 37°C - 39°C (using Chrome, couldn't get woltage from HWMonitor).

Thanks for your temps. Still hotter in macOS but not much hotter as some other experience.

About Ethernet, did you try with another computer or a laptop ?

@rj510 Did you get the Apple Watch unlock to work with this hack ?. I have a DW1560 that works perfect except for the unlock part. I am injecting from OpenCore/Clover the following - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.

Everything works (continuity, handoff, airdrop) except for the unlock. When I enable it, it works for a while and then nothing. At the login window it it waits for the Apple Watch to unlock it and gives up - falling back on the password.

Sorry, no Apple Watch to test.

About Ethernet, did you try with another computer or a laptop ?
That is the next thing I'm about to try. I don't have any other computers at the moment so it will take a while to get one to borrow. Or I'll just get a cheap WiFi router as it would get some use anyway in the future.

That is the next thing I'm about to try. I don't have any other computers at the moment so it will take a while to get one to borrow. Or I'll just get a cheap WiFi router as it would get some use anyway in the future.

I agree with above: if your BIOS settings are correct and you're using a good cable (they do go bad, as I've found out), then it is most likely not your mobo, and you'll need to test using another device.

Sometimes apps like IP Scanner for iPhone/iPad are useful for trouble shooting connections or determining IP addresses.

And speaking of IP addresses, this is not an uncommon cause of inability to connect. If the router or computer gets reset to a different IP, they won't talk (eg, if one is on 192.168.0.1, and the other on 192.168.1.1).

Sorry to bother you again, I just realized the MoBo audio output is not detected on my build. I don't know if it was the case before as I was using HDMI audio or external sound card. Now that both HDMI audio and USB sound card are disconnected, I see no audio output in macOS prefpan or system info.
However ALC1220 appears in ioreg and hackintool as you can see in the screenshots. Audio output work as expected with Windows 10.
I tried AppleALC 1.3.9 (provided in last Rj510 EFI folder), 1.4.3 (last version) and 1.4.2, each with Lilu 1.3.9, but no more results. I have ResetHDA enabled and layout inject set to 7 (as set in Rj510 config.plist).

I noticed that Hackintools shows layout id as "0" while in ioreg it seems properly detected (<07 00 00 00>).

I've seen no particular error in boot.log.

How could I dig further to troubleshoot this ?
Thanks for your time

EDIT: Tried with Lilu 1.3.8, same error (see bellow). I saw in the log that before last week the "failed to obtain device info for analog controller" was not here... Hard to remember what change I did at this moment...
Code:
Timestamp                       (process)[PID] 
2019-11-06 12:10:50.404813+0100  localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Lilu
2019-11-06 12:10:50.404815+0100  localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.3.8 (Lilu)
2019-11-06 12:10:53.198756+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC:     alc @ failed to obtain device info for analog controller (1)

EDIT2: Well the issue *might* has come since I updated BIOS from 4.00 to 4.10. Is there any way a BIOS update change required layout-id ? Or is this layout purely hardware related ?

Attachments

• Hackintool_inboardAudio.png
    Hackintool_inboardAudio.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 65
  • iOReg_inboardAudio.png
    iOReg_inboardAudio.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back