Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Hi there r510. Thank you for the quick reply. Im seeing two entries

3b:00.0 Broadcom WiFi BT Controller
3e:00.0 Broadcom WiFi BT Controller

Both have the exact same keys and values. For 3b:00.0 all entries are already disabled.
Guess I will edit 3e:00.0 then?
What about the kexts? Do I leave them like they are?

While we are at it... I don't run a dGPU right now. Is it beneficiary to disable the entries for "Graphics Display"?

Last edited:
Hi there r510. Thank you for the quick reply. Im seeing two entries

3b:00.0 Broadcom WiFi BT Controller
3e:00.0 Broadcom WiFi BT Controller

Both have the exact same keys and values. For 3b:00.0 all entries are already disabled.
Guess I will edit 3e:00.0 then?
What about the kexts? Do I leave them like they are?

While we are at it... I don't run a dGPU right now. Is it beneficiary to disable the entries for "Graphics Display"?

In this thread is an explanation of 3b vs 3e. Basically, the 3b is accurate for iGPU; the 3e for dGPU. So if you're running iGPU alone, then enable 3b and disable all 3e values.

The Graphics display is for iGPU, so should remain. If you have any SSDT files in your patched folder, you should remove them as they too are unnecessary for iGPU alone.

Thanks r510!

I hope I don't bother you too much with another question.
Under "systems report - wifi" my country code is set to US - Airdrop channel is set to 149.
I tried to change it to Germany by adding a line to "boot arguments".
I tried these lines:

brcmfx-country=#a
brcmfx-country=de

I don't know what the first line did, but, when I rebooted the WiFi report was very short.
The second line left the WiFi report unchanged.
Can any of you tell me how I can manage to change my country code?

In perfect silence, I hear a small crack (coil whine) from the processor area. It manifests itself when I mouse over a link or do something else that gives a small load on the processor. How can I solve this problem?

In perfect silence, I hear a small crack (coil whine) from the processor area. It manifests itself when I mouse over a link or do something else that gives a small load on the processor. How can I solve this problem?

It's from the Vega 64 card. Some cards whine more than others. Mine bothered me, and I changed to a Vega 56 and didn't notice any more whine. I've tried both a 5700XT and a RX580 and neither whined.

There is a thread on this forum (here) where some posts as I recall suggested ways to minimize the whine from the Vega 64.

Thanks r510!

I hope I don't bother you too much with another question.
Under "systems report - wifi" my country code is set to US - Airdrop channel is set to 149.
I tried to change it to Germany by adding a line to "boot arguments".
I tried these lines:

brcmfx-country=#a
brcmfx-country=de

I don't know what the first line did, but, when I rebooted the WiFi report was very short.
The second line left the WiFi report unchanged.
Can any of you tell me how I can manage to change my country code?

I think you're missing a "-" symbol (as discussed here). I've seen the boot argument used without the "-" symbol, so I'm not completely certain (the right-click pop-up inside Clover/Boot/Arguments window shows it without the "-" symbol). Anyhow, try this (without quotes):

"-brcmfx-country=de"

If this doesn't work, go back to "brcmfx-country=de" and then we need to investigate what kext files that you're using, and if they're stored only in kext/other folder on the EFI drive, or do you have some in the /L/E/ folder?

(I prefer keeping all kext files in the EFI folder as it's easier to maintain and update. I once had an issue with some kext files not properly updating and I'd forgotten that older versions still existed inside the /L/E/ folder. Once I delete those, and re-built the cache, the new kext files on the EFI folder properly worked.)

Last edited:
It's from the Vega 64 card. Some cards whine more than others. Mine bothered me and I changed to a Vega 56 and didn't notice any more whine. I've tried both a 5700XT and a RX580 and neither whined.

There is a thread on this forum (here) where some posts as I recall suggested ways to minimize the whine from the Vega 64.
I already got rid of my squeaking video card (Vega 64 / Sapphire)
Now I will buy the Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT.

My problem is that in perfect silence, clicking somewhere with the mouse in the browser, I hear a small electric crackle from the processor area on the motherboard.
I tried disabling C States in BIOS, but that didn't help.

I already got rid of my squeaking video card (Vega 64 / Sapphire)
Now I will buy the Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT.

My problem is that in perfect silence, clicking somewhere with the mouse in the browser, I hear a small electric crackle from the processor area on the motherboard.
I tried disabling C States in Bios, but that didn't help.

I was going by your signature for the Vega 64.

I've not heard any sounds with this mobo except when testing with the Vega 64.

Last edited:
"-brcmfx-country=de"

Thank you @rj510. I tried to set the boot argument accordingly.
It resulted in a very short systems report of WIFI. The country was still set to "US" and the frequency was still "149".

I have wondered why the region code was "US" when Ive set all the
region settings to "DE" (German). Then Ive read that by default AirportBrcmFixup.kext sets the region for WIFI as "US".
I also remembered that my BCM943602CS is supposed to work OOB so I removed

-AirportBrcmFixup.kext
-BrcmFirmwareData.kext
-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

from kexts/other folder.

After reboot the systems report of WIFI showed region code "DE" and frequency "44".
Bluetooth and WIFI are still working. Do you think I can leave things that way?

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.03.42 PM.png

5700 XT works good on Beta 2

Back