Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Thanks for your advice @sebastiandd.

I run the process in verbose mode. I got some errors ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed AE_NOT_FOUND...

I took a photo of the log.

View attachment 424454

This may be a case where you need to re-flash the BIOS and re-load your settings. Once you do this, re-verify your BIOS settings too.

Hi! I just want to say you are such a genius to make this mobo perfect for hackintosh. I have read your threads more than 10 times. Everytime I read it, I found something new to me. Thanks to your selfless efforts, I finally got a excellent hackintosh. Everything goes well by using your EFI.

For someone who has had some issues with your hacintosh, you should read this thread step by step, time by time. Everything is just here waiting for you to discover.

Anyway, thank you. I will be waiting for your EFI update for 10.15 Catalina.

I probably won't be updating this ASRock ITX system to Catalina. It is now being used as a ROON music server using only the iGPU, so Mojave is more than enough.

I am experimenting with Catalina on an X299 build. There are a few odd issues with Catalina ß7 that make me suspicious using it for a daily driver. The latest version of Mojave is quite stable and the various apps I'm using run well on it. I'm a staunch anti-Adobe rental scheme and continue to use PS CS6, which won't run on Catalina. This may keep me on Mojave for some time.

When you're viewing the USB HDD in Disk Utility, click on the mount button and do a un-mount/mount, and see if that mounts the drive.

Turns out the HDD was faulty. I was able to mount it after waiting for almost an hour and only in read mode. Will backup everything on it and use for temporary stuff only.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

Turns out the HDD was faulty. I was able to mount it after waiting for almost an hour and only in read mode. Will backup everything on it and use for temporary stuff only.

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble.

No trouble; happy to hear to solved the problem.

Long time lurker, just wanted to say thanks for all the hardwork and share some experiences I had below that'll maybe help someone. My setup is almost identical, except for 16GB RAM and a Samsung 970 EVO Plus. Installation was from a fresh USB drive (UniBeast, then swap in rj510's EFI folder after giving it a S/N), and simply copying over the EFI folder to the SSD after installation made everything work right away (minus WiFi, which I haven't replaced yet).

1. Don't be lazy like me and plug the flash drive directly into mobo vs USB3 headers. The USB3 headers kept giving KPs
2. DisplayPort works at 3440x1440@120Hz (max my monitor supports), haven't tried HDMI

@rj510 - what does your 9900K idle at? In Windows, it's able to step down to 800MHz, but looking at Intel Power Gadget, mine only goes down to 1.3GHz

Also, the mouse jerks around a bit sometimes; doesn't happen in Windows. Will try different USB ports.
*Fixed by moving USB receiver onto motherboard instead of connected to a USB hub

Last edited:
@einz you might wanna try switching the SMBIOS in order to fix the mouse lag/stuttering. That is how I fixed it on my side, if you have a Magic Mouse.

@einz you might wanna try switching the SMBIOS in order to fix the mouse lag/stuttering. That is how I fixed it on my side, if you have a Magic Mouse.
Thanks for the tip. Switching SMBIOS didn't help, but what I forgot is the mouse was connected to a USB hub, and moving it directly onto the mobo seems to have fixed it.

Long time lurker, just wanted to say thanks for all the hardwork and share some experiences I had below that'll maybe help someone. My setup is almost identical, except for 16GB RAM and a Samsung 970 EVO Plus. Installation was from a fresh USB drive (UniBeast, then swap in rj510's EFI folder after giving it a S/N), and simply copying over the EFI folder to the SSD after installation made everything work right away (minus WiFi, which I haven't replaced yet).

1. Don't be lazy like me and plug the flash drive directly into mobo vs USB3 headers. The USB3 headers kept giving KPs
2. DisplayPort works at 3440x1440@120Hz (max my monitor supports), haven't tried HDMI

@rj510 - what does your 9900K idle at? In Windows, it's able to step down to 800MHz, but looking at Intel Power Gadget, mine only goes down to 1.3GHz

Also, the mouse jerks around a bit sometimes; doesn't happen in Windows. Will try different USB ports.
*Fixed by moving USB receiver onto motherboard instead of connected to a USB hub

There is a notorious discrepancy between Power Gadget and other monitors. I seem to understand that many people feel Power Gadget is incorrect. I get values varying from about 700MHz to 4.3GHz (my max setting).

Besides the hub issue mentioned above, occasionally, mouse and keyboard lag can be due to RAM OC. You might try lowering freq in 200MHz steps to check the impact on lag.

Thanks for your advice @sebastiandd.

I run the process in verbose mode. I got some errors ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed AE_NOT_FOUND...

I took a photo of the log.

View attachment 424454
Hi jrumol,

I am facing the same issue like you did.

I did follow others' suggestion but still stock in here.

Wanna know did you solve this issue?

If you did, how?

many thanks!

Hi jrumol,

I am facing the same issue like you did.

I did follow others' suggestion but still stock in here.

Wanna know did you solve this issue?

If you did, how?

many thanks!
Sorry, I just forget to change the name of plist. Thanks to @rj510 ,I just successfully installed macOS on it!

Back