Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Yep, saw it :)

Appreciate the quick reply, of course. Unfortunately, I cannot get back to my i9 during the day to upload my config.plist (for a prior poster) or write up a more thorough response to your post until I'm back at my i9 and have spent more time testing/reading!

I'll also be working on fixes I might come up with / find—ultimately I think the best bet overall for the most Apple-like TB3 functionality will be an SSDT fix similar to the NUC link I provided a few pages back. He specifically accounts for the interrupts that the Alpine Ridge controller sends the system on different events, which he specifically wrote was for the purpose of enabling hot-plugging. If that type of fix works, I suspect it'll take care of 3.0 (and 3.1 gen 2?) speeds by virtue of it hooking into Apple's TB XHC configs. (While I'm not ruling out modifications to the XHC-5 section of the codeless kext, and we may be able to get USB working manually that way.) I didn't have time to test the SSDT thing over the weekend, though, but I will post when I get to it. Also I of course don't expect you to do to it for me (I'm working on this also), but I thought it was better sharing promising notes before I totally checked it out in case you were interested.

One thing to note: I highlighted the electrical current control parameters in the plist only in connection with the HighCurrent USB setting you have set for Clover—I thought you may have enabled it to overcome an "insufficient power" warning, and I wanted to point out that Hackintool provides these values and that with them, I've not seen such issues. I doubt USB 3.0/3.1 speeds are related just to power settings, but I may be wrong. I'm also slightly wary about manipulating power values for a TB3 controller, since it's pretty different than a standard USB bus.

Also I agree: your settings seem right for the Z bluetooth card, I just shared mine for others who have the CS2 card like I do. I also tried some modifications for my NVMe controllers (I have Samsung 970s, and they're in different PCI port IDs.), but my fix didn't work—I'll upload that when I have it working.

Also- what corruption issues did you observe? I haven't noticed anything myself but I might have missed something.

Could you upload your config.plist? Thanks.

Here you go - it's still not perfect but it has what I think is the latest version in this thread for most things. Diff it with rj510's so you can pick which pieces you want from each, they're not identical.

Attachments

• config-jsil-noSN-7-15.plist
    18.1 KB · Views: 88
After getting out of sleep, all flash drives that have been connected via USB stop working. They are disabled, and such a notification is on. I am using Config v5. Do you know how to fix this?

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 15.49.13.png

Hi @rj510 thanks for sharing all these info with us.
I'm trying to re-use an SSD with Mohave that I get from a (Z170, GTX 680), and I'm stuck in something I cant understand.
I have updated to 1.6 and set all except the CPU part BIOS_CPU_details_avx.jpg because its not the same as yours.
I used the EFI you posted yesterday and the error is the one it shows in the attach file.

CPU: i7 9700K
MB: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
GPU: Vega 64 8GB
RAM: HyperX Kit 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2666MHz Fury Black CL16
SSD: Corsair Force Series GS Red 480GB (6Gb/s) SATA 3
PWR: Corsair SF-600 SFX

Please help me...

I've not seen this on my build. You might try disabling the graphics section in Clover/Arbitrary. If that doesn't work, my suspicion is that in "re-using" the SSD, you've got some corrupted files. You may need to do a fresh install.

After getting out of sleep, all flash drives that have been connected via USB stop working. They are disabled, and such a notification is on. I am using Config v5. Do you know how to fix this?

View attachment 416740

v7 of all add-ons that were uploaded on 7/14/19 is recommended.

If the USB drives are working, the first thing I'd check is the way you're inactivating the USB ports.

Are you using a UIAC + USBInjectAll or the USBPorts method? Or have you left a comment in Clover/Boot argument window that is unintentionally inactivating ports?

View attachment 416740

The "guilty" of that is to have active a profile XMP, if you deactivate it disappears the error.

v7 of all add-ons that were uploaded on 7/14/19 is recommended.

If the USB drives are working, the first thing I'd check is the way you're inactivating the USB ports.

Are you using a UIAC + USBInjectAll or the USBPorts method? Or have you left a comment in Clover/Boot argument window that is unintentionally inactivating ports?
When using Config V7, should I add an SSDT file?

SSDT.jpg

The "guilty" of that is to have active a profile XMP, if you deactivate it disappears the error.
In the Bios settings?

Yes, bios or efi , do a test, it is a known and curious error, we do not know very well why

Auto to disable? on Load XMP Settings

Back