Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Extreme4 & i7 9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I have a question about your Bluetooth details.

I have a Z390 Taichi that I've installed Mojave onto. Tweaks have sleep working & I finally have (I think) the fan of the Vega 64 to behave

But I am having the hardest time getting Bluetooth to work. I've started to ask various ASRock Z390 threads. One person said they got the onboard Intel to work, others say changing out the M.2 card.

What I've tried:

Bios 1.30 & 1.20 (haven't tried 1.60, that may be next)
IOGear GBU521 dongle (Broadcom 20702 based)
PCI card w/BRCM94360 (I don't need the WiFi, as I'm Eth based, just want something solid)

I have read in other threads that the BRCM94360 won't work with ASRock boards. For me, Bluetooth is seen by the system, will try to connect my trackpad, but fails. (I'm upgrading from a Z97 Mojave build, so I know my trackpad & Mojave work together)

What I'm seeking is how others have gotten Bluetooth to work on ASRock boards. Such as which M.2 card did you try or config.plist changes to get it to work in an ASRock build.

Thanks

I'm using a Bluetooth dongle, Asus USB BT400. I haven't tried the M.2 slot yet as I have no card to use in it and as it's not essential for me. I did post elsewhere asking advice on which card to use, however it didn't receive any response. All I know is it will take a Key-E card however most cards are listed as NGFF. What concerns me though is using an adaptor may be problematic as the CMOS battery is directly behind the slot so may prevent one being used if it's too long. I believe CaseySJ had a similar issue with his GB Designaire board except I think it was a PCIe slot rather than a battery that was blocking it..

Hey! Im tryng to install High Sierra on a similar build (the mobo is asus) but Im stuck on the apple logo while stalling. Did you had this problem? Can you share your EFI folder? Im so lost :s

It's a completely different motherboard from a different manufacturer so it's not really a similar build. My EFI folder is unlikely to help you or make your problem worse rather than help it. You might be better looking for someone who has done an install on an Asus Z370 F (I assume F Gaming) motherboard and working from there. It will probably be more similar to your board than mine would be.

I followed Rehabman's guide to creating a custom USB SSDT, I have also uploaded my custom USB SSDT on the first page. I put off following the guide, but honestly it was a lot less complicated than it looks.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

If you mean process to install Mojave from USB, I just created an installer from unibeast and installed as you normally would. Do not update the BIOS or the installer fails.

Last edited:
Hi!

I have a question about your Bluetooth details.

I have a Z390 Taichi that I've installed Mojave onto. Tweaks have sleep working & I finally have (I think) the fan of the Vega 64 to behave

But I am having the hardest time getting Bluetooth to work. I've started to ask various ASRock Z390 threads. One person said they got the onboard Intel to work, others say changing out the M.2 card.

What I've tried:

Bios 1.30 & 1.20 (haven't tried 1.60, that may be next)
IOGear GBU521 dongle (Broadcom 20702 based)
PCI card w/BRCM94360 (I don't need the WiFi, as I'm Eth based, just want something solid)

I have read in other threads that the BRCM94360 won't work with ASRock boards. For me, Bluetooth is seen by the system, will try to connect my trackpad, but fails. (I'm upgrading from a Z97 Mojave build, so I know my trackpad & Mojave work together)

What I'm seeking is how others have gotten Bluetooth to work on ASRock boards. Such as which M.2 card did you try or config.plist changes to get it to work in an ASRock build.

Thanks

Hi fatcat, can you share your EFI folder. I have spent days unsuccessfully trying to install Mojave on a Z390 Taichi + i7-9700K + AMD Radeon RX580 with BIOS version 1.3 and BIOS version 1.9

[UPDATE]
I was successfully and repeatably able to build and test a clean, stable install for the Z390 Taichi with BIOS version 1.2. I was unable to replicate this success with BIOS versions 1.3, 1.6 or (the latest) version 1.9

Last edited:
@CmdrX3

I am trying to get an Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 up and running, and am curious about your experience w/ the bios.

My board has only had three versions released
V 1.10 (Same release month as you're 1.6 Bios)
V 1.20
V 1.30

However, using V 1.10, when at the apple logo boot screen the progress bar maybe moves 1/12 of the way forward and then stops. However using, the other 2 newer versions the status bar at least gets all the way forward.

I would think that I would be better off using the V 1.10, per your experience, but curious if you ran into similar problems. If your interested at I have been posting my issues here
Hello,

This is my first hackentosh build and running into an issue where I cannot get past the the initial apple boot screen (Apple logo & status bar).

I have tried using the three different ASRock Bios available with no such luck
V1.10 - Status bar barley moves forward then stops and does nothing
V1.20 - Status bar will hit completion does nothing
V1.30 - Status bar will hit completion does nothing

Attempts using all three bios firmware options have been made using:
- the standard Mojave UniBeast boot drive
- A configured boot drive from a (I am supposing) similar ITX version of this motherboard found here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-z390-phantom-gaming-itx-ac-i9-9900k-rx-580.268992/

(so total of 6 attempts (in reality much more but I digress))

The standard boot disk works fine on an older machine I have so I KNOW it has to do with the MOBO/bios settings. I just don't know what the heck is going wrong...

If anyone has any suggestions for a relatively "problem free" MoBo I am all ears... I don't mind returning this and spending some extra $$, just needs to be able to run Mojave.

Hi, I have this exact same build. Can you share your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back