UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASRock Z390 Extreme4 Hackintosh Build

ASRock Z390 Extreme4
Intel i7 9700K
16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 (8GBx2)
Samsung EVO 950 250GB & 500GB SSD's
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 (Not used as I'm using the UHD 630 in Catalina)
Several other SATA HDD's
MacOS Catalina (updated from Mojave install without any issues)

Important Note on BIOS updates:
MacOS installs and runs with no issue on v1.60 BIOS. If I update it to any newer BIOS, both the installer and MacOS installation fails. If I flash back to 1.60 it works fine again. There is a fix for this, however I'm an if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of person so I'm happy to leave it on v1.60

----------------------

BIOS Settings.

Advanced

CPU Configuration
Intel Virtualization Technology - Enabled
Chipset Configuration
Vt-d - Disabled
Storage Configuration
Sata Mode Selection - AHCI
Super IO Configuration
Serial Port - Disabled
USB Configuration
Legacy USB Support - Enabled
XHCI Hand-off - Enabled

[Note on Graphics Setting]
As I use dual boot with Windows I have enabled Onboard Graphics as Primary (and disabled eGPU in MacOS) so I can use the UHD 630 in MacOS. Windows is configured to use the GTX1060.

Security

Secure Boot

Secure Boot - Disabled

Working:

USB:
Fully working

Created custom SSDT for USB to avoid using port limit patch and all is working well. You may need to disable some ports to make the 15 port limit.

Audio: Fully Working - ID1

Sleep/Shutdown/Restart: Working but power button doesn't activate sleep or give option with 2 second press although power button does wake from sleep. I'm probably missing a fix here somewhere for the power button.

LAN Port: Requires IntelMausiInternet.kext

NVRam: Fully Working but not native

Graphics:
PCIE GPU: I have a nVidia GTX 1060 so I've disabled it for use in MacOS Mojave (No nvidia web drivers)

Intel UHD 630 IGPU: Fully Working (Still to test VGA connector works, DP and HDMI both working)

Kexts used:
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext - Audio
USBPorts.kext - USB
FakeSMC.kext - Obviously
IntelMausiEthernet.kext - Ethernet
BrcmFirmwareData.kext - Asus BT400 Bluetooth Dongle
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext -Asus BT400 Bluetooth Dongle
-------------
Drivers used:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64
EmuvariableUefi-64
FSInject-64.efi
UsbKbDxe-64.efi
UsbMouseDxe-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Not Tested:
Some Motherboard USB Headers (2nd USB3 Header, USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C header.
WIFI/Bluetooth Key-E Header (Hope to do this at some point)
Onboard Thunderbolt AIC connector, although I believe the header is compatible with the Gigabyte TB3 Titan Ridge card and as I don't use Thunderbolt at this point I doubt I will ever test it.

Not Working:
Nothing that I can think of.

-----

As you can see this isn't particularly a guide as I'm not experienced or clever enough for that.

Last edited:
Sleep now working. It originally woke up immediately but after disabling allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer in advanced Bluetooth Settings, it worked fine. I reenabled the setting again after and it is still working. Caused by bluetooth or USB port?? Not sure on that.

Audio now working using AppleALC debug version

hi I need your help
cpu:9700k
mb:asrock z390 extreme4
bios:2.0
grapic:sapphire rx580 8gb
ram:32gb

mojave 10.14.2 install
error
apfs_module_start:1334: ...stop
highsierra 10.13.6
error
apfs_module_start:1279:...stop

I do not know how to fix it

Not an expert, still figuring all this out myself so I'm not very qualified to help you out. Do you have apfs.efi in your drivers64UEFI folder and XHCI Hand-off enabled in your BIOS

Also as I stated, I could not get it working with BIOS versions higher than v1.60, so you could try flashing your BIOS back to that.

Last edited:
Hi
Can you please share your USB SSDT file
Thank you

Hi
Can you please share your USB SSDT file
Thank you

I've uploaded it below. I did originally have all the ports named in the aml, but I appear to have deleted that one by mistake. I will have to re-edit one. The one below is the same without the port names. I have also removed the USB Type C port as I don't require it. I have included a pic of my ports and their numbers, so you can include remove what you want. HS10 & HS11 is the USB2 motherboard connector USB_3_4, and the HS01 and HS02 is USB_1_2. HS03/SS07 is the ASmedia controller and is the USB3 connector closest to the main power connector (USB3 5_6) I never tested any other ports as I wasn't using them so could just excluded them. The full list of available ports is listed in the link if you want to re add it.. You only need to worry about the ports under "8086_a36d", Package()

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

If I get time I'll edit it again with the proper port names

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    678.6 KB · Views: 632
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    658 bytes · Views: 317
I've uploaded it below. I did originally have all the ports named in the aml, but I appear to have deleted that one by mistake. I will have to re-edit one. The one below is the same without the port names. I have also removed the USB Type C port as I don't require it. I have included a pic of my ports and their numbers, so you can include remove what you want. HS10 & HS11 is the USB2 motherboard connector USB_3_4, and the HS01 and HS02 is USB_1_2. HS03/SS07 is the ASmedia controller and is the USB3 connector closest to the main power connector (USB3 5_6) I never tested any other ports as I wasn't using them so could just excluded them. The full list of available ports is listed in the link if you want to re add it.. You only need to worry about the ports under "8086_a36d", Package()

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl

If I get time I'll edit it again with the proper port names

Thank you for your work
In my setup everything works fine but I cannot pass the NVRAM test

sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld;
And then restarting and typing:
sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'

Have you tested yours?

Yes, sorry I should have included that in my description. It works, but not natively you need to use AptioMemoryFix-64 and Emuvariable-64 in your /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/

Yes, sorry I should have included that in my description. It works, but not natively you need to use AptioMemoryFix-64 and Emuvariable-64 in your /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/

Your description is fine and this is what I am using. But when I make the test it simply does not work.
No other problems though sleep/shutdown or anything else!
But have you tested your NVRAM using the terminal commands?
My MacBook Pro Passes the test.

I followed the guide of creating a USBports.kext with FBPatcher. Works great! All ports included.
I am attaching this if you need. You need only these two kexts and nothing else (no renaming, no kext patching no USBinjektAll)

Attachments

• Z390M FB Patcer.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 297
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back