Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] AsRock Z390 Extreme4 Hackintosh - Blue Edition - Everything Works!!!

Motherboard
AsRock Extreme4
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
OK, but all works out of the box? Ethernet? WiFi? Bluetooth? Audio? What you need to patch?
There is no motherboard, to my knowledge, that works out of the box without modifications. As for the problem that rightzheng is having with sleep, it might be because he updated the BIOS. I didn't have this problem with the BIOS version I used (1.6, I believe); so why update the BIOS if the new one gives you this problem?

The build required the usual kexts for graphics, audio, Bluetooth, wireless, and Ethernet; essentially everything you mentioned needs to be "patched".

But, if you use BIOS 1.6 and the above provided EFI folder, you will have a golden build.

Motherboard
ASRock z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Marcelodamon, All,

Thanks for this guide Marcelodamon; I have assembled my new ASRock Extreme4 that I received this week with an i7 9700k proc and 16 GB G.Skill mem; I noticed it is shipped with UEFI BIOS version 4.0 now. Next week, when back from work, I will start to install Mojave on it; I am looking very much forward to it. Me, I have exactly the same use for the new system as you do; Logic and music apps, so no overclocking, etc., for me. Even no external graphics card. Is the Display port working under Mojave ? Thanks again for your great post, Cheers, Bart

Motherboard
ASRock z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all; I purchased the same msi rx580 card as you have marcelodamon, but i think my i7 9700k causes the 'AppleACPICPU' kext to stall. WHat and where should I change ? I managed the BIOS v4.00 workaround. Your help is greatly appreciated; btw; I only have room for the grapchic card in pcie #4; does that cause problems ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97-D3H
CPU
i5-4660
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey! I want to upgrade my system, and I am considering to buy this mainboard. Do you still recommend the AsRock Z390 Extreme4? Whats with the BIOS problem?

Regrads

Motherboard
ASRock z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, @kleenkenny; I bought this board which came from the shop with BIOS v4.0 installed. I am preparing a new install and will post my specs and troubleshoot files here shortly; up until now I am not successful, yet.

Have everything up n running with a RX50 card

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can Someone please help me? I have @marcelodamon's built, exept for the processor, which is a i7-9700K instead of the i9-9900K. Everything runs fine when I enable only 1 processore core in the BIOS, but when I enable all cores, the system resets once arrived in the Mojave desktop.

Much appreciated. Bart.

Motherboard
AsRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8Gb
Hello!
I have same motherboard and CPU, used your EFI. But, after install, I see long time Apple logo. Then Window "Installing on "macOSmojave" (I gave this name), and it leave to reboot...
Can you give a list of articles or notes how did you prepare and install?..
Thank you, Ivan

Motherboard
ASRock z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello!
I have same motherboard and CPU, used your EFI. But, after install, I see long time Apple logo. Then Window "Installing on "macOSmojave" (I gave this name), and it leave to reboot...
Can you give a list of articles or notes how did you prepare and install?..
Thank you, Ivan
Hi! I am back next week; did you try with my EFI folder of this thread?
Please post your EFI with logs and debug files.