Contribute
Register

[Success] - ASRock z370m Pro4 : i5-8500 : RX 570 8GB : 4K Ultrafine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you figure it out @theimadman - sorry I can't help more :/
Hey Iceking
I did not get any further than 10.12.6, which worked perfectly, with Metal support (card detected as r9 xxx or something like that). As I have the option to possibly return the card, I will try to do that. I'll try a more widely used gfx card, like an RX 580 Pulse, just to rule out GPU issues. Thanks for all the help!

@iceking trying to follow your guide here. Specifically to have RX 570 8GB working. FYI, my trial has worked using igfx on the same hardware. Connection is DP to DP on Dell 4K monitor.

I booted up with UniBeast created Clover Mojave as of today 10.14.4.08 with recommended settings you have. No SSDT_aml.
About progressing 75% through on initial boot, screen flashes goes dark but not sleep. If I let computer sleep and power on later, I am presented with the install screen and can install up to a certain point, and, then, I get a couple of reboots and stuck with no display. I have tried all related setups and recommendation in the last week. I cannot get through from this point on. I have tried HDMI on 570.

It's something very simple I am missing, and hoping you can point at that.

@quantumraj it looks like you have an MSI motherboard listed in your profile. Do you have that or the ASRock one here in this guide? A lot of the guide is specific to the ASRock board.

In my most recent install I actually did everything including MultiBeast without the 570 in place. I put it in after. It should work out of the box though. I’ve done nothing special to make it work.

@Dalfashz - just wanted to ping you and let you know I got the 1070 spoofed successfully based on your advice. I updated my guide with how I did it! Thanks so much for the tip :thumbup: Let me know how it goes for you - good luck!
Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back