Contribute
Register

[Success] - ASRock z370m Pro4 : i5-8500 : RX 570 8GB : 4K Ultrafine

Status
Not open for further replies.
@theimadman Please update your Profile's component list. See the tonymacx86 Rules, Profiles, for examples of content. By updating your Profile, you help us to better help you. :thumbup:

Well the card should work OOTB on Mojave.

I’m not sure what SMBIOS you need but I can tell you that as far as I understand, the SMBIOS for the Mac you pick should have a similar or same CPU architecture. So for instance I use the Mac mini because it comes with the same CPU I’m using here.

Some of this might be a combination of a few things going wrong. You might want to post in desktop help forum as this was my first build in a while and I’m not able to help debug too deep :x
It was not clear to me if SMBIOS affected what GPU ports/capabilities/support is available.

I'm just fishing trying to figure out what the issue is caused by. I would have indeed expected the card to just work as it's on the buyers guide... It could very well be just the HDMI & DVI not working...

Your post is the only success post I could find with this exact same graphics card, sorry if I'm pestering you for details. :D

I did also post in the support forum, but did not get any help yet unfortunately.

Last edited:
@theimadman Please update your Profile's component list. See the tonymacx86 Rules, Profiles, for examples of content. By updating your Profile, you help us to better help you. :thumbup:
Sorry! I thought I had everything filled in correctly, evidently I did not. Should be ok now I think.

@theimadman I finally got around to being able to test the HDMI for you. It seems to work fine. I've done nothing on this install for the 570 it just works OOTB afaict. My only issue at the moment is JPEGs with the 570 in. With it out it's fine. With it in they do not work. Likely need the NoVPAJPEG patch...

@theimadman I finally got around to being able to test the HDMI for you. It seems to work fine. I've done nothing on this install for the 570 it just works OOTB afaict. My only issue at the moment is JPEGs with the 570 in. With it out it's fine. With it in they do not work. Likely need the NoVPAJPEG patch...
Hey, @iceking, thanks for testing! I did in the mean time bite the bullet and grab an active DP to HDMI adapter. With this adapter I do get to the desktop successfully, and it even looks like I have full acceleration. The only issue, however, is that the screen flickers to white/noise every few seconds. Also, when connecting another display to HDMI after booting, all screens go dark and I can only do a hard reboot after that. I am seeing the same situation both with my direct update as well as a clean High Sierra and Mojave UniBeast USB.

So I had some partial success with my RX 570. I reverted to my Sierra (10.12.1) install which I had made an image from. Running the card worked without acceleration. I upgraded to the latest Clover version and ran the app store 10.12.6 upgrade (needed to boot in safe mode). After setting the deinit option for the GPU in Clover, acceleration works! Needed to run MultiBeast to fix audio again. I'll image this install and try a straight upgrade to HS or Mojave again after. Not sure why I would think this time it'll work better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back