[SUCCESS] ASRock Z170 Fatal1ty ITX - HD530 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170 Fatality Mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6770
All,

I was able to install Mojave 10.14.2 using Unibeast and Multibeast on ASRock Z170 Fatal1ty ITX. Followed and adapted the install using this original post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-skylake-fatal1ty-z170-gaming-itx-ac.180383/

Setup:
  • ASRock Z170 Fatal1ty ITX
  • BIOS 7.30
  • CPU Intel® Core™ i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz
  • Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
  • iGPU - HD530 (Flickery when browsing and detecting only 7 MB of Vram.
  • HDD Western Digital Red, 2.0Tb
  • Onboard WIFI
  • macOS 10.14.2 Mojave
What works (Not extended test to identify bugs):
  • SATA
  • USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (System hung with USB 3.0 Pendrive but worked well on a USB 2. Maybe an issue with that particular pendrive).
  • Audio
  • CPU power management
  • Build-in Ethernet
  • Build-in WiFi
What does not work:
  • Internal Video is choppy and flickery. Still looking for options. Modify config.plist on Clover Configurator with no luck.
  • Sleep
Please help in getting this working close to 100%.

Thanks in advance!

J

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-25 20.54.27.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-25 20.54.27.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2018-12-25 20.54.12.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-25 20.54.12.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 105
I would like to do the same. Do you have a dedicated graphics card or just internal? I could help with troubleshooting but need to get mine going first. What did you adapt from the guide to install? Did you have to modify config.plist with anything to boot into installer? Any of the usb stuff, etc that is in guide you reference? Also, did you put anything in Kexts/other beyond what unibeast already puts?

P.S I don’t have dedicated graphics. on high Sierra install attempt yesterday, I was getting a video crash prior to getting into the installer. Either putting more of the usb stuff in Kexts/other or doing the ig-platform, igpfx stuff or connecting to display port got me past that and going.

Hi bbatia,

I ended up throwing an RX 560 ITX version that fitted perfect on my bitfenix case. I will upload my EFI folder as soon as I get back home.

I installed all the kexts/SDTS on the high sierra guide for the Intel NIC, WIFI/BT and sound.

ok.. i got Mojave running on this Asrock Fatal1ty. Now i can perhaps work with joedr to improve the setup.

Here are the steps i followed to get install. For folks reading this later, you will notice that i did not put the following in the config.plist <key>ig-platform-id</key><string>0x19120000</string>. I believe that is the reason i did not have gpu hardware acceleration. but after doing multibeast, i got acceleration automatically. So, i am not going to put the ig-platform-id. Let's see how it works. I attach my config.plist that was generated from multibeast here as well. I did remove the serial number key under SMBIOS just to keep it private.

P.S. I did notice that InjectKexts was set to YES in the one that Multibeast created but the one that Unibeast created said Detect. I guess both worked.

Attachments

• config after Mojave multibeast.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi bbatia,

Can you post the following screenshot? As you can see, I only got 7 MB memory on mine when I used the internal GPU. Just want to see what is been recognized by your build.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 6.21.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 6.21.06 AM.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 74
Your screenshot shows High Sierra. We are talking about Mojave here right?

I will send the screenshot later. But i am getting 1.5GB of memory for that video card. plus hardware acceleration is on. I just posted my steps in a guide. I was getting the same video issues when i got into Mojave after install. But after Multibeast, the acceleration just came up. I have a note about hardware acceleration in the guide.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-mojave-on-the-asrock-fatal1ty-z170-gaming-itx-ac.268914/

here is the screenshot. This morning, i shut the system down and tried to boot with HDMI plugged in and not display port. Got panic and video went away.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 3.15.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 3.15.09 PM.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I used these two:

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from RehabMan-FakePCIID

I placed both on L/E and rebuild cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back