1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, took me about a day, but I finally figured this out!

Chimera Method
1. Download and create a Unibeast installer for Yosemite
2. Reset your UEFI bios to default settings. Make sure Vt-D is disabled, and that CSM is enabled with all options set to legacy only.
3. Boot into your USB by setting it as the first boot priority.
4. When you are at the loader screen, pass in these args: `maxmem= 4096 no-zp -v -f -x nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No`
5. Once you have booted into the installer, go to Utilities -> Disk Utility and format your disk as GUID and have 1 partition that is HFS. Call it what ever you want.
6. Quit Disk Utility and run the installer, this should take about 20 minutes.
7. **On first boot you must use the same args that are listed above**
8. Run MultiBeast and use the EasyBeast Setting. I followed these settings listed here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-4790k-gigabyte-r9-270x-2gb-osx-10-9-5-a.html
however the one difference is to use **iMac14,2** as the computer type, and **AtherosE2200Ethernet** for ethernet. Select the ALC892 driver for audio. In addition, you can install the Nvidia Web Drivers:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-4-346-01-03-a.html for your graphics card.
9. Reboot still using the USB drive, the args this time are `maxmem=4096 no-zp -v -nvda_drv=1`. You will get into the environment, but things will be laggy. Go to the top right icon for Nvidia and set it to the web driver. It will ask you reboot, do so.
10. Reboot with the same args as the prior step using the usb. You should have no problem loading with full acceleration now. Once you have gotten in, follow this guide to install chimera
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ithout-uni-multibeast-usb-heres-solution.html

Clover Method

1. Download and create a Unibeast installer for Yosemite
2. Reset your UEFI bios to default settings. Make sure Vt-D is disabled, and that CSM is enabled with all options set to legacy only.
3. Boot into your USB by setting it as the first boot priority.
4. When you are at the loader screen, pass in these args: `maxmem= 4096 no-zp -v -f -x nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No`
5. Once you have booted into the installer, go to Utilities -> Disk Utility and format your disk as GUID and have 1 partition that is HFS. Call it what ever you want.
6. Quit Disk Utility and run the installer, this should take about 20 minutes.
7. **On first boot you must use the same args that are listed above**
8. Once you are in, install Clover. You will need to have the following settings in the attached image
9. Use clover configurator to do the following to the config.plist:
- Uncheck everything under the ACPI tab
- Boot tab should have the following checked: `-v slide=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0` and then add `no-zp` as a custom flag
- In the boot tab set the default volume to the name of your hard drive. Legacy should be set to `PBR` and default loader to `boot.efi`. XMPDetection is `No`
- Devices tab, set the audio inject to "1"
- Go to the SMBios tab, click on the wand, and select `iMac` and then `iMac 14,2`
Once you are done, save the config.
10. Run multibeast and install ALC892 audio codec only with the optional mapping of id 1
11. Reboot and make sure you can boot fine without the Chimera USB drive. I recommend always keep an /Extra folder on your drive should Clover ever fail so you can boot in using your USB to fix things.

And that's it! The only issue I have is I can't put my computer to sleep, but that isn't a huge deal for me. Any questions or comments, feel free to post below. This has really been quite a hack job for a board that is suppose to be so easily supported.

Upgrading to 10.11

If you are running the above, you should be able to upgrade directly to 10.11. It may take some time, so be patient.
1. Follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html
2. When you get to the part about running the installer, stop! You need to make some clover adjustments first. Go mount your EFI drive and navigate to your Kexts/ folder. Move all your current kexts to the "Other" folder and delete (or just move to your desktop for backup) the 10.x folders.
3. Edit your config.plist and set your boot options to "-v nv_disable=1 rootless=0" and save it. Now you can run the installer and reboot.
4. When you reboot, select the newly available "Boot OS X Installer" drive by hitting spacebar, and select "Boot with injected kext". This will force your rig to use those kexts in the "Other" folder.
5. Once the installer is done, reboot and update your graphics. You will need to also run the audio enabler script again that we used in Yosemite. Reboot once all that is done, and you should be good to go!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.04.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.04.07 PM.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
You probably should have used the MultiBeast Quick Start > DSDT-Free option instead of EasyBeast. As the MultiBeast Features document states (page 3):
EasyBeast is for Core 2, Core i or Xeon systems with no native CPU Power Management.
Your i5 processor has power management. So, the EasyBeast installation of NullCPUPowerManagement is probably one cause of you system not being able to sleep. The referenced user build description also used MultiBeast incorrectly, too.

The easy way to fix you problem is to do a fresh install. However, another way is to compare EastBeast and DSDT-Free default items, and, first, remove those items that don't appear in DSDT-Free default item list. (They're in /System/Library/Extensions/.) Then, using the latest version of MultiBeast, add only those items unique to DSDT-Free using MultiBeast. Reboot and Repair Permissions on the drive using Disk Utility.

Good luck with your hack. :thumbup:

You probably should have used the MultiBeast Quick Start > DSDT-Free option instead of EasyBeast. As the MultiBeast Features document states (page 3): Your i5 processor has power management. So, the EasyBeast installation of NullCPUPowerManagement is probably one cause of you system not being able to sleep. The referenced user build description also used MultiBeast incorrectly, too.

The easy way to fix you problem is to do a fresh install. However, another way is to compare EastBeast and DSDT-Free default items, and, first, remove those items that don't appear in DSDT-Free default item list. (They're in /System/Library/Extensions/.) Then, using the latest version of MultiBeast, add only those items unique to DSDT-Free using MultiBeast. Reboot and Repair Permissions on the drive using Disk Utility.

Good luck with your hack. :thumbup:

Thanks Stork! I'll try that, though I may just nuke it because I put myself in a pickle. I forgot that Chimera is not for UEFI systems if you want to dual boot Windows, and I have a UEFI Windows installation (Win 10). Although I have run the install and such, Clover is not working. I actually don't know why my volume keeps booting Chimera at this point. Suggestions?

EDIT: I figured it out and will be updating the guide to reflect it

I am looking to get my Wifi/bluetooth set up for the ASRock H97m-itx/ac. Did that work for you initially or di you have to add some kexts? I cannot get it to work.

I am looking to get my Wifi/bluetooth set up for the ASRock H97m-itx/ac. Did that work for you initially or di you have to add some kexts? I cannot get it to work.

Would love to know the answer to this as well, just bought this mobo and didnt do enough research to see that people had problems with bluetooth and wifi. Thanks for all of your help guys.

anyone know how to get the wifi drivers working

I'm running 10.12 now, and I still don't have wifi and bluetooth. I never went searching for a driver, but as far as I know the native ones don't cover this board. This doesn't really affect me greatly as I have wired ethernet and peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back