Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Thanks to the community and all developers in this forum, i got my System running (Installation from Scratch).

What's running:
-Boot from HDD
-Sound
-LAN (oob)
-USB Ports (also USB 3.0)
-Onboard GPU Intel HD3000 (Resolution change etc.)

What's not running:
-Sleep (i don't need it)

Don't know if it's running:
-Sound over HDMI (i don't need it / can't test it - so i disabled it in the BIOS)

Specs:
Mainboard: ASRock H67M-ITX
CPU: Intel i3-2125
GPU: Intel HD 3000 (onboard)
RAM: 2x 4 GB Corsair XMS
Drives: Crucial M4 64GB SSD, LG Bluray Combo

Installation Preparation:
-Monitor was connected by HDMI
-LAN was unplugged
-Mouse & Keyboard connected by USB

Installation Steps:
1. BIOS Update v2.1 (by Samisnake) (WARNING: It's not possible to downgrade your BIOS from this Version)
File: http://bios.zmac.net/asrock/Asrock-H67M-210_modified.zip
Source/Thread: BIOS Patch Thread
-Make sure to write down your settings if necessary before you flash - they will get lost on flash
-Set SATA Mode to AHCI
-Note: Flashing could break your BIOS/Mainboard - Use at your own risk!

2. Prepare a USB Stick with UniBeast for Mountain Lion 1.5.1 (by tonymac)
File: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=127
Guide: tonymacx86's Unibeast Mountain Lion Guide

Update: On my latest Tests, i could skip step #3 (Mieze's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)
3. Replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on the USB Stick (/System/Library/Extensions) with the patched File (by Mieze) -> note: you need to unhide system files to see folder and kext files on the stick
File: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...xt-10-8-appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.zip
Source/Thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a.html

4. Boot from your UniBeast Stick and Install OS X

5. Deactivate Application Security in System Settings (System Settings>Security>Allow Installation from all Sources)

6. Place DSDT (by seekrtz) on Desktop
File: H67M-ITX DSDT
Source/Thread: BIOS Patch Thread

7. Run Multibeast 4.6.1 (see Setting on attached Pictures)
-Optional: Select TRIM Support if you are on SSD
-Don't reboot afterwards

8. Run Chimera Update 1.11.0 (Install on Harddrive)
File: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=114

9. Reboot without Stick

Special thanks for providing/developing/sharing those stuff to: tonymac, Samisnake, Mieze, seekrtz

Use at own risk / Good Luck and have fun ;-)

Attachments

• multibeast-1.png
    multibeast-1.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,266
  • multibeast-2.png
    multibeast-2.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,235
I have a ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT and my boot hangs on NullCPUPowerManagement::start. Any ideas?

I got stuck several times at the same point after running Multibeast with the wrong selections. If you try to follow my steps (especially the replacement of the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on the Boot-Stick), you need to keep AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext untouched (also unselected at Multibeast -> Screenshots).

Can you provide more informations?
-Are you able to boot after installation with the stick into OS X?
-Which BIOS Version and DSDT are you running at?

hey p3ppr,

just a pointer.
the purpose of flashing the modified bios is so that you dont have to use a modified appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext or nullcpupowermanagement.
by using nullcpu, you dont get speedstep, or sleep.

delete the nullcpu kext from /system/library/extensions. it isnt needed for your system

thanks samisnake for support,

i removed it and got kernel panic on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement... so seems i need to keep it...

you sure the modified bios flashed successfully?
try flashing it again

if it still comes up with the same thing, use mieze's modified appleintelcpu... instead.
avoid using nullcpu if you can

Would all this apply to the Z68M-ITX/HT?

You'll need a matching BIOS & DSDT for the "HT" Version - I dunno if the "H67M-ITX" and "H67M-ITX/HT" use the same BIOS. You could have a look at the BIOS thread if there's more information or request a modded BIOS. I recommend not to test the Version without "HT" in your case before you have some information if it works - wrong firmware could break your BIOS/Board...

...Maybe samisnake could already answer the question if he's still following this ;-)

@samisnake:
It could be that i get the KP from "Mieze's" AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement which i used on the Installation-Stick -> I'm currently doing another test installation with the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. My BIOS-flash seems to be OK (it's 2.1 and was 2.2 before). I will provide the results when i'm done and change my tutorial if i get it running this way... - Thanks again!

so... i'm done with my tests:

-Flashed again the BIOS to modded 2.1 as written in the tutorial
-Reinstalled with original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on USB-Stick and on System

Multibeast Test #1:
-Installed without NullCPUPowerManagement and without Mieze's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

-->Result: KP from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Multibeast Test #2
-Installed without NullCPUPowerManagement
-Installed Mieze's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with "Kext Wizard"
-Cleaned Cache / Repaired Permissions with "Kext Wizard"

-->Result: System hangs at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Multibeast Test #3
-Installed with NullCPUPowerManagement
-Kept original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

-->Result: System runs

@samisnake: Should i stay at the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or at Mieze's version in combination with NullCPUPowerManagement? Seems it's the only way to get the system running...

I renamed NullCPUPowerManagement by way of the Install USB Terminal. It still hangs at exactly the same spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back