Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) appletwo's Creator Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi / i7-3930K / GTX 760 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attempting a nearly identical build - same mobo, same graphics card. Like others before me, I'm stuck on the UEFI, because I need to update my BIOS before I can use my keyboard on the splash screen. You briefly described how you "Right before switching on the Machine I had to set the bootdrive to 0-Corsair SSD (forget the UEFI)." Would you mind explaining in more detail how you were able to do this?

I'm attempting a nearly identical build - same mobo, same graphics card. Like others before me, I'm stuck on the UEFI, because I need to update my BIOS before I can use my keyboard on the splash screen. You briefly described how you "Right before switching on the Machine I had to set the bootdrive to 0-Corsair SSD (forget the UEFI)." Would you mind explaining in more detail how you were able to do this?

Hi mate.
First of all you should be able to access to your bios in any case, even before you chose any settings.
If not, maybe you may consider to reset your bios with the rear black button, and after rebooting, hit DEL on the usb keyboard (that has to be plugged in the rear USB3 port, at least for me won't work on the USB2) and select BIOS DEFAULT SETTINGS, or something like that.
It's totally strange to me that you can't hit any keys to access the bios and I suspect it's not due to the bios version.
Did you try other usb ports?

On my build, with a original Apple USB keyboard, I already had the F4 bios pre-installed since the mob arrived with that version as default option from GA.
So I only had to plug it into the rear USB3 port and that worked.
Not sure if this can help, but I tried.
Cheers.

I can't seem to get to the Mac installer.

I'm trying to install Mavericks
I'm working with the GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi
CPU: i7-4930k

and Geforce GTX 780

after i put in "-v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No"

It starts showing all the text like your picture and it keeps loading until it finally just goes to a black screen. nothing happens.
You could see what happens in the youtube link

[video=youtube_share;b7GTQMdk_G0]http://youtu.be/b7GTQMdk_G0[/video]

another thing as I type in the boot command it doesn't fit the entire command. It only shows this "-v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEn"

I'm assuming it keeps typing and I type even though i don't see it. Is that a problem?

ALso I'm assuming it has to do with the 780.

So I found this comment in a thread.

"We just got in the Nvidia GTX 780 in today and it worked on the first boot using GraphicsEnabler=No and the kernel flag set to nvda_drv=1."

Should I add the command "nvda_drv=1" to the boot command? I'm still a novice in all of this.

Thanks in advance.

Unfotunately switching to Mavericks it's a mandatory step, if not now, in the next future, because its' the only release that actually solved a number of problems that were generated from Lion/Mountain Lion.
Mavericks is faster, smarter, more sofisticated under the cpu managing, and, in one word, simply better.
Cheers.

As a fellow music producer I'm very interested in the details of this... I've always favored 10.6.8 but had to move to Lion for software compatibility, and now I have to move to Mountain Lion or Mavericks for Logic X. I've been leaning towards Mountain Lion but I'm ignorant to any OS-specific issues when it comes to audio production, as I've never used it.

Specifically, what did you dislike about Mountain Lion in terms of audio production?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back