Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Appletwo's Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have OSX 10.9.2 installed currently. I also have the following hardware:

GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI motherboard: http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4777#sp
How can I check what revision I have ?

Video card - AMD RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=915&pid=309&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

But, I have no sound. How can I make sound work on my system ? Thank you.

Your rev version is supposed to be indicated on the box.
There's a sticker on the side of the box, with the rev version.
For the audio just get ALC 898 installed with multibeast 6.2.1.
It should work natively.

appletwo - I have used your step by step instructions to build a virtually identical machine that works near flawlessly. Can't thank you enough, it has made my first build from scratch successful and a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Now for the question(open to anyone).... Have you been able to get audio through the hdmi on the gtx760?

I've read the HDMI Audio Mavericks posts that point to dsdt but up to now I have set everything up using uni/multibeast so I haven't dabbled in the dsdt space. Quite frankly I'm so happy with everything I'm hesitant to on this build. But playing the sound through my computer speakers while the hockey game I'm watching off the internet on my 42" LCD TV connected via HDMI on the other side of the room just doesn't cut it....

Thoughts?

appletwo - I have used your step by step instructions to build a virtually identical machine that works near flawlessly. Can't thank you enough, it has made my first build from scratch successful and a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Now for the question(open to anyone).... Have you been able to get audio through the hdmi on the gtx760?

I've read the HDMI Audio Mavericks posts that point to dsdt but up to now I have set everything up using uni/multibeast so I haven't dabbled in the dsdt space. Quite frankly I'm so happy with everything I'm hesitant to on this build. But playing the sound through my computer speakers while the hockey game I'm watching off the internet on my 42" LCD TV connected via HDMI on the other side of the room just doesn't cut it....

Thoughts?

I guess you should try this one instead the GTX to get an audio output through the hdmi connector..
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/
It runs either video and/or audio signals.
I higly doubt you can run audio signals out of the GTX.
It's a graphic interface, not an audio interface.
The Blackmagic, instead, it's specifically designe to pilot a HDTV, in&out, including audio signals via HDMI.
intensitypro.png

Did it work for you?
I'm curious.

Yep, it was simple and not only made my HDMI audio work, but also the audio for through DisplayPort. Quite frankly, I think that link might/could replace the entire forum for HDMI audio...

I know there is an entire 10.9.3 update section on the site, but I'd like to hear from folks more specifically using a GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 | configuration(or something close).... any feedback on this latest update?

I'm undecided if its worth the risk of having to put a bunch of time into making everything work after updating as everything is currently working flawlessly.

hi appletwo!! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 10 hard disk, so, i need use SAS CONNECTORS.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you????

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

I dont know if you answer me this some day, but,

hi! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you???? can you try this???

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

but in windows when i connect hard disk normal SATA in the SAS connectors grey, they works just fine,
the problem is when i install maverick 10.9.3. this same hard disk didnt appere in the finder,
maybe i need a kext to fix it, but i dont know,
i ask a lot of users that have this mother, but they dont asnwer me yet.
have you this mother?

the sas connectors is just the same like SATA connectors, and SAS connectors allow SATA DISK.
but the problem is when i make hackinstosh.

what can i do?

Did it work for you?
I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back