Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Appletwo's Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot buddy. I will get back to you for some guidance soon.

I have GA-X79s-UP5 just updated the bios to f4 is there no 3d bios now ? Seems to be very stable 3930k rock solid now think thats due to f4 update thanks appletwo's for all the info

I have GA-X79s-UP5 just updated the bios to f4 is there no 3d bios now ? Seems to be very stable 3930k rock solid now think thats due to f4 update thank appletwo's for all the info

That's correct.
No 3d bios in F4 version for the UP5.
Still rock solid after one month on my system so far.
Dynamic overclock set to 4.5 / 4.6/ 4.7 ghz (two threads each) with voltage set on 1.420v.
On my digital audio workstation with 40 tracks realtime I got the temps stable around 45/50 celsius with my 8-fan + H100i water cooled system set to the minimum rpm.
Zero decibel thanks to the RM750 corsair PSU.
Under the desk this Hackintosh is simply unudible.
Beyond happy with this system and encouraging all of you guys to go for it!

h1_1.jpg
H1_2.jpg

That looks like a beast m8, I'll take some pics of my machine think I might need a bigger case, I was worried about the temperatures but I was amazed, around 40 when I render in cinema 4d it hits around 65 tonight I'm going to do a geekbench score thanks again for your time

How good is the fan controller thinking of buying one, where abouts did you place your temp probes, or where's the best place for them thanks

How good is the fan controller thinking of buying one, where abouts did you place your temp probes, or where's the best place for them thanks

Tha fan controller is mandatory when you use the H100i by Corsair because the fan speed on that particular cooling system is controlled by default via software, and the corsair-link software doesn't work on OSX, so in order to get the fans controlled you have to use one of those knobs/displayed controller.
I put probes on the GPU, on the socket, on power unit, on the radiator, on the south bridge and rptational drives.
It's not 100% accurate everywhere, but mostly it gives you the idea, and that's what it is supposed to do.
The fan controller is instead very accurate and allows you to switch fans completely off if you need to do that.
If you really want to know the actual temeprature I think the HW Monitor with fake SMC plugin installed.
Fan.jpg

Thanks for the Info I'm using the h80i Ordered one last week, should be here this week Monday
I tweaked the CPU in the bios like you said stated off with a geek bench score of
18550 then after tweaking 22660 was the last, loving the
3930k machine is running like a dream thanks

Anyone tried the GA-X79S-UP5 in conjunction with a Xeon E5 1650 v2 ?

Is it possible to get all 6 cores running?

you claim that your usb 3 is working. did you confirm this with a usb 3 drive? im having no such luck with usb 3 drives

you claim that your usb 3 is working. did you confirm this with a usb 3 drive? im having no such luck with usb 3 drives

Everything is working on my rear USB3, including keyborads from start-up and any drive USB2/£ plugged in.
Same story with fron usb on the upper part of the case (Corsair 600t) and with the optiona front panel I've installed to manage SD/CF cards in the picture below (post nr.26).
The only thing I noticed is that if I plug the keyboard on rear USB2 the system won't see the KB, when it does on USB3.
USB3 ports work either if I plug a USB 2 or USB3 drive, with a dramatic increase of speed for the USB3 drive.
Keep in mind this: some h-drives were designed/built before mavericks on the lastest system, and this is a major issue with some of them because of the hard disk firmware.
Let me give you an example.
I've always used G-Technology drives as I loved to stay mobile with my Macbook pro 15.
I use them for audio and video production since they are reliable and very sturdy built.
However, there's a major glitch in some of those disks that I found lately, and in particularly wth the first generation of 4TB G-drives that implement USB3 alongside Firewire 800.
Those disks are perfectly compatible with my early (but also late) MBP15 model, still compatible with those system under mavericks, but not compatible with my Hackintosh, not completely at least.
If I plug it in the FW 400, for instance, the system simply doesn't recognize the disk, unmounting it and causing the re-index of spotlight file once I will reconnect the drive to the MBP.
If I plug that 4TB drive to the USB port (it's supposed to work at USB3 speed) the transfer rate is only around 40mb/sec when on my MBP15 it's beyond 70 mb/sec via FW800.
It doesn't make any sense to me.
I have many G-drivers, and that 4TB FW/USB3 model is the only one that actually not working in a proper way.
The paradox is the older version of G-drive, the 3TB E-sata model with also FW800 and USB2, is 100% compatible with all my different systems, either if I plug it into the MB Pro or Hackintosh system.
SO, my point is, do not get nevrotic wth the USB port on GA X79 up5 on your hackintosh because it could depend on the specific drive you are using.
WD Ultra, 2.5 inches, work perfectly for backup when you want to stay mobile, and they run USB2 with MBP and USB3 with the Hackiontosh, getting a pretty good transfer speed of more than 90 mb/sec stable.
I higly suggest to you to get some decent HD Case on Amazon, and then assembly your drives custom made.
I had gorgeous results pairing WD Blacks with RAIDON esata-USB3-FW 400+800:
http://www.raidon.com.tw/RAIDON2013/enweb/en_product_web/en_safetank/en_GT1650-WSB3.html
And Barracudas (quiter than WD Blacks) paired with Macally alu case:
http://www.macally.com/EN/?page_id=8541
I simply give up with pre-built drives for professional usage, like Lacie or G-drivew or whatever you can find on the market.
Do it yourself, and you'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back