Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Appletwo's Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear when i done installation my processor was 3.8 ghz but i didnt installed nullcpumanagemnet kest but when i installed it processor came to 3.2 but with 3.8 speed was lovely can i keep 3.8 ghz some how i m using f3 bois i dono wana go more than that can u help me

I didn't install any nullcpumanagemnet kext on my X79 UP5.
After I installed the voddo kext to enable multicore threading I rather did a custom setup in my bios (version F4) with a cpu multiplier set to 47 (so it went from 3.20 to 4.7 ghz) and a multiplier ramp on the turbo mode (make sure to set the enable/disable/auto field on AUTO) for each couple of cores.
Core 1:47
Core 2:47
Core 3:46
Core 4:46
Core 5:45
Core 6:45
Then I set the voltage cpu to 1.420 (default was set to 1.35 but it depends on what kind of PSU you have) to make the system rock stable even under high load, otherwise you might encourr on kernel panic due to the lack of power.
Hope this helps.

Noticed that the SLEEP (stop or whatever you call it) is now working great under Mavericks 10.9.1.
Either if you put the Hackintosh to sleep via menu, keyboard or via power button (like any mac around) the Hackintosh will go to sleep and it will awake just pressing any key on the keyboard or the power button.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
:D

appletwo are you saying Sleep and Speedstep are working now on LGA 2011?

appletwo are you saying Sleep and Speedstep are working now on LGA 2011?

Not sure about speedstep (even if I see on the HW Monitor that the multiplier is actually changing depending on the load requested by the software and on my Digital Performer sessions the GPU is almost completely zeroed, 104 mhz against 1.100 ghz on the benchmarks test).
BTW I can confirm that sleep is now working on my Hachintosh with GA X79s Up5 and intel 3930k.
If I push the power button on my Graphite 600T the system just goes to sleep, like every macs around mavericks based, and I can tell you: I have a friend that has a GA X79 UP4 system with 3930k that confirms sleep is working even on his GA UP4 after updated to Mavericks 10.9.1.
So, good news I guess?
Cheers.

I got issue with my build everything world perfect but when i plug my iphone in usb (anyone) it shutdown and mean complete off so i have to reset the computer and then comes on mean tske power jack off from motherboard and put back on.

I got issue with my build everything world perfect but when i plug my iphone in usb (anyone) it shutdown and mean complete off so i have to reset the computer and then comes on mean tske power jack off from motherboard and put back on.

That's weird.
But consider that even on my system, if I plug the keyboard on the rear USB 2, the System won't recognize the Apple USB keyboard at the first boot.
In other words: with the Hackintosh shut down, I boot, the keyboard is not active untile I get to the OSX area (so no possibly access to bios/bootflags at first boot from off to Mavericks) .
If I just reboot, then it works, if I shut down and turn the Hack on again it's not going to work.
Got that?
If I plug the USB keyboard on the rear USB 3 port, instead, it goes great from the first start/boot.

I noticed the sleep is working like a real Mac, but in order to let the Hackintosh wake up, the keyboard has to be plugged to the rear USB 3 port, otherwise it won't work.
So, maybe, you have to plug the iphone on the X79 UP5 rear usb 3 port?
Give it a try.

Other thing my processor running 3.2 and i want 3.8 is it possible with f3 bios plz help me out with setting if u can

Other thing my processor running 3.2 and i want 3.8 is it possible with f3 bios plz help me out with setting if u can

Just access to your bios and under cpu frequency in M.I.T. find the field 'TURBO MODE', then select 'enabled'.
Then reboot and see if your clock is now on 3.8 ghz.
It should.
Let me know.
Cheers.

Great build and congrats. My question is that do u recommend i7 4930k with this board. How much difference will it make in term of building a successful hackintosh like yours?

Great build and congrats. My question is that do u recommend i7 4930k with this board. How much difference will it make in term of building a successful hackintosh like yours?

I think here it's not about success that you chose the cpu, but about the needs you have.
Mostly all the cpu listed in tonymac buyers guide are compatible with OSX.
The 3930k is a super high performances cpu that is needed in multitask works etc.
It's even better than certain types of xeon processors.
The 4930 I think is about half the price, and the value.
I would strongly suggest the 3930 if you can afford, just because it's cpu that never fails, incredibly stable and, not less important, it won't get old so fast like others would do.
Just my opinion.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back