Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Appletwo's Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best for air cooling is Noctua NH-D15.
Mine is water cooling Corsair H100i with scythe kaze master fan control.

Will this fan fit inside the case? I'm reading reviews and some have found that the fan is big and some weren't able to use one of their PCI slots. I am using the same MoBo as yours,

GA-X79S-UP5-WiF
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Arctic White Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

H100i totally fits inside my 600t.
Not sure about Noctua.
It should btw.
The point is: if you can not fit the Noctua inside a 600T you can't fit it anywhereelse since the 600T is very fat.
Maybe is the widest case in the corsair tower family.

I went for the H100i. just placed the order. I am excited about this build to be honest. In one of your pics I noticed you had a blue light. Was that a part of one of the fans?

Hey Appletwo, I was wondering if you could help me with my Build. I have the same setup as you except: I have a compatible Xeon processor, RAM and SSDs. The problem is my Hardware configuration. I was able to navigate to a few menus in the BIOS screen but after about 30 seconds, my machine shuts down. :oops:

If it's not too much, can you walk me through your connections between the components? my build is a mess right now. This is how I currently set up my build:

Both SP120 fans are screwed to the radiator and the fans are hooked directly to the H100i via the Y Cable.
The H100i Cooling Unit is powered by the SATA from RM750.
The Cooling Unit's 3 pin fan connector is connected to the CPU_FAN header on Mobo.
The Cooling Unit's Mini USB goes to the USB Header on the Mobo.
I left the Corsair Link expansion port on the side of the Cooling unit empty because I didn't know what to do with it.
AF120 and Spectre Pro fans are connected directly to the nearest Mobo Fan headers.

Wifi card is connected through PCI.
SSD is powered through PSU and connected via SATA through StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card with HyperDuo SSD Tiering - PCIe SATA 3 Controller Adapter
GPU is connected through PCI and powered from PSU.

2xScythe Kaze Master is not connected or powered on because I got lost and didn't know how to use or connect to/from fans. It came with many red/white connectors.

All of the cables that came with the case I connected them to the appropriate headers on the motherboard. EXCEPT the USB type A connector because that one just threw me off and wasn't sure where that one goes.
I may have left something out but I am not near my machine right now. Can you help to guide me in the right direction?

I finished the build some time ago but I never got to install the OS due to kernel panic. Is a Xeon X5620 compatible with this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back