Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Appletwo's Build: GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi LGA 2011 | Intel i7-3930K | GTX 760 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if you answer me this some day, but,

hi! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you???? can you try this???

It's a problem with OSX that doesn't have the drivers for SAS connector.
No way to solve the problem, so far, unless you go for an internal PCI Expr card and sata 3 conncetors to add more connectivity for your raid setup.
Try this:
StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card

On Amazon.com.
http://tinyurl.com/mo4bzm5
Cheers.

but i need to connect normal SATA HARD DISK, i dont have SAS DISk, so, why you said that i need
pci card?
the mother have 8 SAS connectors,
in windows this 8 sas connectors recognize the NORMAL SATA HARD DISK, but the problem
was when i boot from OSx, apparently OSx didnt recognize the normal SATA HARD DISK when i connect in the 8 sas connectors from the mother.

what can i do?
i dont want a pci-card SAS, i need to connect the normal sata disk in the Sas connectos from the mother.
maybe there was a kext ot install or something

because if there wasnt fix sollutions, maybe i must change the motherboard.
because this mother had 8 connectos more to connect SATA NORMAL DISK, but MAC didnt
recognize it. 8 connectors useless.

It's a problem with OSX that doesn't have the drivers for SAS connector.
No way to solve the problem, so far, unless you go for an internal PCI Expr card and sata 3 conncetors to add more connectivity for your raid setup.
Try this:
StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card

On Amazon.com.
http://tinyurl.com/mo4bzm5
Cheers.

but i need to connect normal SATA HARD DISK, i dont have SAS DISk, so, why you said that i need
pci card?
the mother have 8 SAS connectors,
in windows this 8 sas connectors recognize the NORMAL SATA HARD DISK, but the problem
was when i boot from OSx, apparently OSx didnt recognize the normal SATA HARD DISK when i connect in the 8 sas connectors from the mother.

what can i do?
i dont want a pci-card SAS, i need to connect the normal sata disk in the Sas connectos from the mother.
maybe there was a kext ot install or something

because if there wasnt fix sollutions, maybe i must change the motherboard.
because this mother had 8 connectos more to connect SATA NORMAL DISK, but MAC didnt
recognize it. 8 connectors useless.

Can you read?
I mean, I wrote PCI Express SATA card, not SAS.
AGAIN: OSX doesn't recognise the SAS ports on UP5.
You can't use them either as SATA or SAS port whatsoever.
That means you can not use SAS grey port on the UP5.
No way.
If you want to connect more SATA DRIVES internally to your board the only way is to add that kind of ports adding a SATA PCI EXPRESS CARD.
Hope this help.

I dont know if you answer me this some day, but,

hi! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you???? can you try this???

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

but in windows when i connect hard disk normal SATA in the SAS connectors grey, they works just fine,
the problem is when i install maverick 10.9.3. this same hard disk didnt appere in the finder,
maybe i need a kext to fix it, but i dont know,
i ask a lot of users that have this mother, but they dont asnwer me yet.
have you this mother?

the sas connectors is just the same like SATA connectors, and SAS connectors allow SATA DISK.
but the problem is when i make hackinstosh.

what can i do?
See this post.

Thnkss!!! I Will change the mother.
What do you Think about the mother
GA-x79-up4???
i need socket 2011, for i7 4930k that i have and 64gb RAM.
this mother is ok? Or you Think Maybe buy other mother?
Thanks

Can you read?
I mean, I wrote PCI Express SATA card, not SAS.
AGAIN: OSX doesn't recognise the SAS ports on UP5.
You can't use them either as SATA or SAS port whatsoever.
That means you can not use SAS grey port on the UP5.
No way.
If you want to connect more SATA DRIVES internally to your board the only way is to add that kind of ports adding a SATA PCI EXPRESS CARD.
Hope this help.

Hello Appletwo,

I just reinstall my Hackintosh from 10.8.4 to 10.9 with your information and it works.
Thank you very much and I think so far it is running smoothly and fast.
I also want to OC my build just like yours but I don't have much info on that, if you don't mind It would be nice if you can post the screen shot on those bios setting of yours, It would be super helpful.
What OSX version are you currently using in the present? 10.9.4? and how is the performance compare to previous versions?
Thank you for your guides once again, I am happy so far and looking forward to configure some more to get the performance close to yours somehow. Thanks!

Hi Appletwo

I have the same hardware as you, except the graphics card. (Gygabite GTX760 2GB rev 2.0). I installed Mavericks and also the Yosemite without any problem with the bootflags. The problem is:

- Ethernet does not work, I've installed the Multibeast kexts separately. (I can't find the specification of the Ethernet).

- The OS does not recognize the 6core. I already installed the Voodoo Kext and does not work.

Can you help me?
Thank you so much

I have a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 and I installed Mavericks on it. The only way I can access it is by using the flags: -v npci=0x3000 or 2000 cpus=1. I found out that I needed to upgrade my bios to F4, but the motherboard want allow me to do that and said that it needs a newer bios. There is an beta F5 bios, but has anyone tried this?

Hello Appleetwo, is there a reason you went for the Watercooling instead of traditional heatsink? I just bought the parts to your same build, with the exception of processor, ram and hard disks.

This is my first time using a water cooling solution so I'm a little worried about doing it properly. I wanted to know what alternative could be if I got cold feet using the water cooling system.

Hello Appleetwo, is there a reason you went for the Watercooling instead of traditional heatsink? I just bought the parts to your same build, with the exception of processor, ram and hard disks.

This is my first time using a water cooling solution so I'm a little worried about doing it properly. I wanted to know what alternative could be if I got cold feet using the water cooling system.

Yep
I have my system here that's heavly overclocked.
Dinamically 4.5/4.7 ghz with cpu voltage to 1.45 (if I remember well).
So I went for the water cooling to make sure the temperature was acceptable through all the clock range.
And it is.
Around 40 c on idle, to 72 c in rendering session.
Maybe Noctua is a good alternative if you want to try the traditional fan cooling system.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back