Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> SUCCESS - Aorus Z390 Ultra Rev 1.0 / i5-9600K /NVMe Samsung 970 Pro (NO GPU NVIDIA WORKING 10.14.xx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i m Back !

so !
Passing in HDMI cable male / male on the onbord hdmi and the screen success! I have the resolution 1440p. SUCCES !
Before I had a HDMI cable on the HDMI and DVI on the screen.

So I think the problem is that Nvidia drivers are not yet compatible with 10.14.xx.

hello i m Back !

so !
Passing in HDMI cable male / male on the onbord hdmi and the screen success! I have the resolution 1440p. SUCCES !
Before I had a HDMI cable on the HDMI and DVI on the screen.

So I think the problem is that Nvidia drivers are not yet compatible with 10.14.xx.
It's those little details that matter!
  • DVI does not support any resolution higher than 2560x1440 (Dual-Link DVI).
  • You did not mention before that you were connecting HDMI from computer to DVI of monitor, but no problem!
  • Currently there are no Nvidia Web Drivers for Mojave (10.14.x).

It's those little details that matter!
  • DVI does not support any resolution higher than 2560x1440 (Dual-Link DVI).
  • You did not mention before that you were connecting HDMI from computer to DVI of monitor, but no problem!
  • Currently there are no Nvidia Web Drivers for Mojave (10.14.x).

Yes sorry on 10.13 I was with a DP / HDMI cable with the GTX680.
but Thks for the Details @CaseySJ !! and Big thks for your support !

in the end let us take stock of this new installation :

boot macOS 10.14.3 : ok
Screen resolution 1440p : ok ( no Gpu Nvidia use onboard HDMI)
Sound : ok
Network wired : ok
Wifi : no
Bluetooth : no
Imessage : no
Airdrop : no

For Imessage and Airdrop are there solutions to date?

Yes sorry on 10.13 I was with a DP / HDMI cable with the GTX680.
but Thks for the Details @CaseySJ !! and Big thks for your support !

in the end let us take stock of this new installation :

boot macOS 10.14.3 : ok
Screen resolution 1440p : ok ( no Gpu Nvidia use onboard HDMI)
Sound : ok
Network wired : ok
Wifi : no
Bluetooth : no
Imessage : no
Airdrop : no

For Imessage and Airdrop are there solutions to date?
AirDrop requires Bluetooth and WiFi.

Messages and FaceTime apps should work if you copy EmuVariableUefi-64 to your CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder and restart.

Please try the attached CLOVER folder:
  • Insert USB install disk in your Mac and mount EFI partition.
  • In Finder, open the EFI disk.
  • Here you will see EFI folder and CLOVER sub-folder.
  • Move the CLOVER sub-folder to a different directory (e.g. your Documents folder).
  • Then copy that attached CLOVER folder to the same place.
  • Eject disk.
  • Now try booting the Hackintosh...

You are a godsend @CaseySJ, I was having the darndest time getting this aorus z390 ultra up and running but this clover folder did it. THANK YOU!

YES THANK YOU @CaseySJ I too was having a difficult time with my z390 Aorus Pro.
Yes, a few additional changes were needed to config.plist, which are included in the attached file:
  • USB Fix Ownership and USB Inject, per @BreBo's reply above.
  • Change SAT0 to SATA
  • Change HDAS to HDEF
  • Change XHC1 to XHCI
If this works and you succeed in installing Mojave, then you can simply copy the entire EFI folder from USB disk to EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.

This will greatly simplify your post-installation work.
For my build, how would I get this configuration to recognize my SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580?

YES THANK YOU @CaseySJ I too was having a difficult time with my z390 Aorus Pro.

For my build, how would I get this configuration to recognize my SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580?
Fortunately nothing more is needed -- macOS Mojave and Catalina will support the RX 580. You may, however, update to the latest versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.

Thank you again @CaseySJ I found the idiots guide post and managed to update to the latest kexts versions that you mentioned but still no luck recognizing my Sapphire GPU in headless mode. Any help is welcome and appreciated. I've also added FakeSMC sensors and checked all my connections.

I am currently working on this thread here (post #35) for a solution and will post success in the right forum afterwards.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
It looks like I have a bad GPU so until I get a new one I cant verify my EFI is up to par to label a success on my build just yet....I will post when done.

But I can say everything else (sleep/wake, stable OS) is working great (using I5 internal graphics) !!! Thank you @CaseySJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back