Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7-7700K
Graphics
HD630
After a roller coaster 2 weeks this noob builder can finally say SUCCESS!!!

Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K Processor
Corsair H115i Liquid CPU Cooler
Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3000MHz Memory
2 x Samsung 960 EVO 512 SSD's & 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD's
TP-Link TL-WN881ND WiFi
Corsair RM550x PSU (with white cabling)
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Computer Case
2 x Corsair ML140 Fans

Working:
Intel HD630 Graphics - Full acceleration
USB 3.0
Wifi
Ethernet
NVMe as boot drive

Not Working:
Sound (I have an audio interface)
Sleep Mode

I loved modding and building this machine; it went so smoothly. The installation however was a bit of a nightmare. Boot USB wouldn't boot, then installer wouldn't load, then NVMe drives wouldn't show, then the graphics were so choppy and slow I thought there was something wrong my USB interfaces, then it wouldn't boot from MacOS installation... :crazy:. Admittedly, most of the problems I faced were self made so this was a HUGE learning curve for me. I was a complete novice walking into this build (including building AND modding my first computer ever) But massive amounts of research, googling, posting and especially finding and following the many guides on this forum saw me finally finish this amazing build.

The stickiest parts of the installation were building the config.plist, installing the correct Kext files and getting the HD630 graphics going properly, but like I said, there are many guides here that cover almost everything

A GTX 1060 is on the way once the mining craze subsides and stock appears again :p

A huge thanks goes out to Brebo, cmn699 and pastrychef for the advice and help along the way and of course Rehabman great work :clap::headbang::mrgreen:
Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.39.53 PM.png 20170721_214459.jpg 20170721_221011.jpg 20170721_214548.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.39.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.39.53 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 519
Last edited by a moderator:

TP-Link TL-WN881ND WiFi
2 x Corsair ML140 Fans

Working:
USB 3.0
Wifi
Ethernet
NVMe as boot drive

Not Working:
Sleep Mode

I loved modding and building this machine; it went so smoothly. The installation however was a bit of a nightmare. Boot USB wouldn't boot, then installer wouldn't load, then NVMe drives wouldn't show, then the graphics were so choppy and slow I thought there was something wrong my USB interfaces, then it wouldn't boot from MacOS installation... :crazy:. Admittedly, most of the problems I faced were self made so this was a HUGE learning curve for me. I was a complete novice walking into this build (including building AND modding my first computer ever) But massive amounts of research, googling, posting and especially finding and following the many guides on this forum saw me finally finish this amazing build.

The stickiest parts of the installation were building the config.plist, installing the correct Kext files and getting the HD630 graphics going properly, but like I said, there are many guides here that cover almost everything

A GTX 1060 is on the way once the mining craze subsides and stock appears again :p

A huge thanks goes out to Brebo, cmn699 and pastrychef for the advice and help along the way and of course Rehabman great work :clap::headbang::mrgreen:
View attachment 267838 View attachment 267839 View attachment 267840 View attachment 267841
Have you updated to 10.12.6? I heard there is native Kaby Lake support.

I have my system working beautifully. I struggled way too much to give that up. I'm not updating any time soon, even though Kabylake has native support. The Z270X gaming 7 has thrown so many curve balls at me that I fully expect issues if I update

I have my system working beautifully. I struggled way too much to give that up. I'm not updating any time soon, even though Kabylake has native support. The Z270X gaming 7 has thrown so many curve balls at me that I fully expect issues if I update
Hi guy can you tell me please about bios config? Thank you

Hi I have a computer almost like this mine is i5 7500 3.4 and yes today I update to 10.12.6 it is a very good machine. Greetings

TP-Link TL-WN881ND WiFi
2 x Corsair ML140 Fans

Working:
USB 3.0
Wifi
Ethernet
NVMe as boot drive

Not Working:
Sleep Mode

View attachment 267838 View attachment 267839 View attachment 267840 View attachment 267841

I have a very similar hardware setup. Can you go more into detail how to install kexts and your clover config?
What do I need to load, how do I get Ethernet to work?

@apedance, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@apedance, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Done!

I just installed 10.12.6 without an issue on my machine.
Now I am without a network driver. I can't get any to work.

Now I am without a network driver. I can't get any to work.
Install MultiBeast > Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet V2.3.0

If that doesn't work try this manual installation procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist
Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back