Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Another Slugnet clone [GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, 660Ti MSI Power ed., 500R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise me as to what piece of hardware is in the 3.5>5.25 bay under the 4-channel fan controller? I'm trying to make my parts list but he didn't seem to list what that component was. Thanks!

Cheers (once again 2-months late)

HI Jason, if you're taking a time assembling this build this might still be relevant. This is a Gigabyte usb3 panel that comes with the motherboard. Can't promise usb3 speeds on it though - at least I'm not convinced with my build. I might add that that you have to get an adapter to take it to the 5.25 size (not included). I think I put that on the shopping list. Cheers

using the new multibeast (v5.5.2) options selected were:

• Audio as with slugnet
  • Graphics didn't have to worry about
  • usb 3.0 why not
  • Fake SMC v5.3.820 and plugins (didnt seem to cause any problems this time so can us hwmonitor without any freezes)
  • Network Atheros and Intel
  • Customisation>Boot options> Graphics Enabler=No (otherwise white screen following apple logo

El Captan update

I really loved Yosemite, and El Capitan was very tempting with extra fixes and efficiencies. Install was not completely straight forward:
  1. Used Superduper to make up backup of Yosemite drive to Emergency disk
  2. Used Unibeast to make an EC installer usb stick
  3. Could not get to installer for long time (problem with 6.1, went to 6.0.1 and worked fine)
  4. Got it installed
  5. Had to work out the post install instructions, mainly Clover Configurator took a bit to get head around in terms of booting EFI and then going to home screen to load the right config.plist. Got it working in end and setteled on an iMac 2013 as most appropriate for the processor I have.
  6. This was tricky and lead to Clover not booting quite a few times, initially requiring a reinstall until I worked out about backup up the plist once good (and working), and reusing the usb stick if failing to replace with backup.
  7. Put back in bios overclock settings, and had to take off Wake on Lan to allow full and perminant shut down
  8. Next up Windows partition, was going to wait for Muiltibest 7 to come out, but in the end decided that as I found my Windows not stored as UEFI I would do a reinstall using UEFI process so that bootable directly in CLover screen rather than bios selection.
  9. Next stage clearing up Clover screen if I can, installing programmes, having emergence etc. not auto mount for safety

Updated to High Sierra, was getting fed up with not being able to run up to date Adobe and felt missing out. Ended up taking out the MacOSx SSD and doing the install on a second empty one coincidentally the same spec size etc. Install went easy with the latest UniBeast on HS latest (?) version. Had to get the right MAuzi Intel network driver and delete the wrong Apple one (lost connect after sl). Also clear out BIOS extarnious leftover Clover. Sleep problems reconnecting all drives(no power but connected). New gfx card longtime aco 980ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back