Contribute
Register

Success and 100% working! ML 10.8.3 on Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get Sierra to install in the Dell 7010? I have the 7010 SFF with a i5 3570 and i get a kernel panic when the apple logo shows a loading bar.

I followed the pinned sierra installation guide (Link)

Any tips? did you have any issues or follow a different guide?

thanks
William

Quick update on the audio.

The built-in speaker and rear audio jack are now working 100% on macOS Sierra thanks to VoodooHDA.

With a fresh install of macOS Sierra:

Select and install the latest VoodooHDA drivers in Multibeast (and ignore the Realtek ALC269 drivers)

OR

Download and install VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg (downloaded from sourceforge.net). Reboot and test to see if the audio is working. If not, update VoodooHDA.kext to v2.8.9 (also available from sourceforge.net), repair permissions and rebuild the cache using a tool like Kext Wizard.

---

If you previously messed around with AppleHDA.kext and VoodooHDA.kext like me, then you'll need to clean things up before installing the VoodooHDA package.

I had to delete and copy back the original /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to undo the changes made by audio_cloverALC-120.command.

I then installed VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg (downloaded from sourceforge.net). Ran Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild the cache for /S/L/E. However, a pop up window appeared stating VoodooHDA.kext was invalid. So I deleted VoodooHDA.kext from both /Library/Extensions and /S/L/E. I then re-installed the newest version of VoodooHDA.kext (i.e. VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip on sourceforge.net) to /S/L/E using Kext Wizard. Finally, use Kext Wizard to repair the permissions and rebuild the cache for /S/L/E. Reboot and like magic, all the different sound output and input options suddenly appear.

How did you get Sierra to install in the Dell 7010? I have the 7010 SFF with a i5 3570 and i get a kernel panic when the apple logo shows a loading bar.

I followed the pinned sierra installation guide (Link)

Any tips? did you have any issues or follow a different guide?

The integrated graphics in the i5-3570 processor is HD 2500 which is NOT supported by Sierra. You'll have to disable the integrated graphics and get a low profile graphics card supported by Sierra. e.g. I've verified that Sierra works with the Nvidia GeForce GT 710 (albeit on a Sandy Bridge system). Be sure to use DVI, Displayport or HDMI when connecting the video card to a monitor. Sierra doesn't work with the VGA port.

When creating the installation media using UniBeast, remember to choose UEFI Boot Mode and configure the Optiplex 7010's BIOS to boot in UEFI boot mode. I also updated the Optiplex 7010 BIOS to the latest version but as with all BIOS updates, you should avoid doing it unless something isn't working.

The integrated graphics in the i5-3570 processor is HD 2500 which is NOT supported by Sierra. You'll have to disable the integrated graphics and get a low profile graphics card supported by Sierra. e.g. I've verified that Sierra works with the Nvidia GeForce GT 710 (albeit on a Sandy Bridge system). Be sure to use DVI, Displayport or HDMI when connecting the video card to a monitor. Sierra doesn't work with the VGA port.

When creating the installation media using UniBeast, remember to choose UEFI Boot Mode and configure the Optiplex 7010's BIOS to boot in UEFI boot mode. I also updated the Optiplex 7010 BIOS to the latest version but as with all BIOS updates, you should avoid doing it unless something isn't working.

Do anyone have a DSDT tip for 7010? I'm running High Sierra and everything beside sleep seems to work. I created a SSDT and DSDT (don't know what patches to use)

Do anyone have a DSDT tip for 7010? I'm running High Sierra and everything beside sleep seems to work. I created a SSDT and DSDT (don't know what patches to use)
Hello, I know this thread is old, but I have successfully loaded Sierra onto the Dell Optiplex 7010. One thing that is not working though, is iMessage and FaceTime. I have tried the clover configurator, shake serial number, etc, etc. But nothing seems to work. Have any of you gotten it working? If so, could you please help me out?

Thanks in advanced

Hello, I know this thread is old, but I have successfully loaded Sierra onto the Dell Optiplex 7010. One thing that is not working though, is iMessage and FaceTime. I have tried the clover configurator, shake serial number, etc, etc. But nothing seems to work. Have any of you gotten it working? If so, could you please help me out?

Thanks in advanced

This guide is what worked for me: An iDiot's Guide To iMessage | tonymacx86.com

I don't know how I can make it any simpler...

1. Use the latest version of Clover Configurator to generate a serial number.
  2. Go to everyman.com to check that the generated serial number is good.
  3. Go to Apple to check that the generated serial number returns an error. You want to see "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Keep trying until both criteria are met.
  4. When both criteria are met, launch Terminal and create a UUID.
  5. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back