Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

@Sabzz
Your SSDT-BRG0 seems to be okey.
Try this config.plist, I have only changed the RX 6900 XT key, removing AAPL,slot-name (not needed, to be detected as built-in by macOS) and device_type and adding 3 AMD keys (really not mandatory but try with them). Comment if hackintool shows the name ok.
This fixed it and showed the GPU correctly, although I had a kernal panic after I slept/rewoke the machine. I was testing off my bootable backup but I think it's on the way out (old), will try again on a fresh drive, test and report back. Thanks

Good afternoon to all participants of the topic. When booting a Ventura 3.2.1 system, the image disappears. Then it appears and you can work normally. If the image is lost, the monitor writes about the absence of a signal. In this thread, I have already met posts about this problem. Has anyone managed to solve it?

All. Just installed a reference 6950 XT. The card is recognized properly and everything is working correctly. The weird thing is that the Geekbench scores are significantly lower than on windows.

Mac score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/6448149
Windows score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/6444652

I'm running 12.6.3 so the 12.3 performance issue should be long fixed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
I suggest updating to modern GeekBench, ensuring the version you have is the same on both (!) and then redoing your test.

That said, you’re getting 1/2 what you should be getting. (Edit: Nope; I am thinking of metal; can you share your metal score pls?) What happens in 13.2.1 ?

even later edit: 186k in GB6 metal. That’s odd; I’m getting 224k in GB6 metal on a 6900xtxh.

yes me too get higher score with GB6 6900xtxh
Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 07.57.01.png

yes me too get higher score with GB6 6900xtxh
View attachment 563787
What brand card are you running? I struggle to get my Gigabyte Aorus Master 6900XTXH above 200k on GB6. This is the most i've gotten, and it fluctuates drastically between 175k - 200k.

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 9.17.36 pm.png

The most i get on GB5 Is around 180k, drops as low as 155k. Where i've seen others with the same card get way higher metal scores with GB5 (GB6 would be even higher).. Is there something wrong my card? Or does this have something to do with my OC/MacOS config?

What's your card max out at on GB5?

Thanks

MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO.yes can't rely on GB Benchmarks are up and down on all versions.

I suggest updating to modern GeekBench, ensuring the version you have is the same on both (!) and then redoing your test.

That said, you’re getting 1/2 what you should be getting. (Edit: Nope; I am thinking of metal; can you share your metal score pls?) What happens in 13.2.1 ?

even later edit: 186k in GB6 metal. That’s odd; I’m getting 224k in GB6 metal on a 6900xtxh.
Both Windows and Mac were using Geekbench 5 but not exact same release - Windows 5.4 and Mac 5.5.1. I can re-run tonight when I'm back in front of my rig.

Metal score
1677066286071.png

Geekbench 6 scores higher than 5. I can re-run all the tests using GB6 but I'm assuming I'll see a similar difference.

Is this before or after first sleep?
I tried before and after sleep. No change.

When I had my Vega56, my scores were nearly identical between Mac and Windows and in line with expectations for the card.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Berardino

Back