Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

@aka80
GB 5 scores are ok.
On my hack, I see the OC picker >> the Apple logo and the progress bar >> at around 30% of progress bar the screen goes black >> after 4-6" I see the Desktop. Are you talking about this black screen?

Yes I think it's the same thing. But on my hack, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes to back normal (with the display of the screen resolution indicated, as if we had switched to a new hdmi input), when I get to the login page.

HI @zappy39 very thanks for help man, great idea!!! Thanks a lot!!!
Nice Metal scores, are you running the Gigabyte Auros 6900XT (XTXH variant)?
If so, I'm running the exact same card. However, my metal scores are 170K.

Another thing I noticed is my GPU shows up as AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype under Hackintool. Is this purely cosmetic or does it affect performance?

Thanks.

@Sabzz
Upload here the config.plist file (remove serial numbers) and paste the code of your SSDT-BRG0. What is the IOReg path to the AMD? Get it from Hackintool.

@Sabzz
Upload here the config.plist file (remove serial numbers) and paste the code of your SSDT-BRG0. What is the IOReg path to the AMD? Get it from Hackintool.
Hi, thanks for the response, see attached.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "BRG0", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB_.PC00.PEG1.PEGP, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PC00.PEG1.PEGP)
{
Device (BRG0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address
Device (GFX0)
{
}
}
}
}

Hackintool:
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/BRG0@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

Thanks
EDIT: Also just to add, in Hackintool under System --> GFX0, the GPU Device Id states 0x73BF1002, is this right?

Attachments

• config.plist
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I think I'm going to return it and see if I can find a non-variant card for a reasonable price. But for some reason the XTXH cards are like $300+ cheaper despite being better performers.
This was the way out for me... got a non-XTXH variant (the XFX SWFT 319) and it worked out of the box. Didn't even need to add names to the device path with an AML.

Hi, thanks for the response, see attached.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "BRG0", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB_.PC00.PEG1.PEGP, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PC00.PEG1.PEGP)
{
Device (BRG0)
{
Device (GFX0)
{
}
}
}
}

Hackintool:
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC00@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/BRG0@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

Thanks
EDIT: Also just to add, in Hackintool under System --> GFX0, the GPU Device Id states 0x73BF1002, is this right?

No. Have a look at mine. The deviceid for a 6900xtx should be BF730000.

T

No. Have a look at mine. The deviceid for a 6900xtx should be BF730000.
In my Config.plist it's BF730000. However Hackintool shows it as 0x73BF1002.

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 2.43.10 pm.png

Can you confirm what yours says?

Also how do i fix the Metal Device Name?

Thanks

@Sabzz
I think that the device-id is the same in Hackintool and in config.plist, 1002 is AMD but we don’t set it in the config file. The hex pairs are swapped, maybe Hackintool displays it in this way.
How do yo see it in System Profiler >> Displays?
Or by gfxutil in Terminal?
The metal device name, if it is ok in System Profiler or About this Mac, I don’t care, Hackintool looks at its own database and maybe the XTXH is not included.

@Sabzz
Forgive me; after actually looking in *Hackintool* (lol!) yes, you are right, it's 0x738F1002 as yours is.

My Metal Device Name says AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype.

Works great...

@Sabzz
Your SSDT-BRG0 seems to be okey.
Try this config.plist, I have only changed the RX 6900 XT key, removing AAPL,slot-name (not needed, to be detected as built-in by macOS) and device_type and adding 3 AMD keys (really not mandatory but try with them). Comment if hackintool shows the name ok.

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.5 KB · Views: 114
Back