Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Try removing agdpmod=pikera from the boot-arg and see if that helps. And don't forget to use ResetNVRAM or Shutdown before reloading the updated EFI.

I tried that once before, but still failed
With WEG enabled and boot-arg: agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=ignore --> wake from sleep (good), wake from hibernation (goes black screen)
Without WEG and boot-arg: agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=ignore --> wake from sleep (good), wake from hibernation (goes black screen)

Actually, i am thinking if that really just goes black screen (graphic card issue), but crashes system (as i notice network activity stops such as spotify remote control after wakes from hibernation)
:crazy:

Hello, I have my 6600xt working on Monterey
Since I just swapped 5700 for this, my hackintosh hibernation doesn't work but sleep, which it goes black screen after wake from hibernation
Sleep and hibernation works like a charm when using 5700
Anyone who knows the idea? Appreciate it a lot!

Here's my thing:
OC 8.4
Smbios: MacPro7,1
Boot-arg: agdpmod=pikera
HibernateMode=NVRAM
With whatevergreen and hibernationfixup kext enabled
Device properties to inject framebuffer:

New finding in power log (via pmset -g log)
The following message shows after failure on wake from hibernation

Time stamp Domain Message Duration Delay
========== ====== ======= ======== =====
UUID: Unknown UUID
2022-10-06 17:40:55 +0800 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to '': Using AC (Charge:0%)
2022-10-06 17:40:55 +0800 Failure Failure during wake: PEG0(),SAT0(AppleAHCI),HDAS() : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2022-10-06 17:34:48 +0800 :0 Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:3

I have bought an ASRock RX 6600 XT card as well and have kind of the same experience with it does sleep but wake with a black screen and a kernel panic. That has not happened with mu RX 590 which I use for years now. It seems that the card is sleeping better than the Mac, as in the kernel panic file it's stated as cannot find GPU. I'm using Boot args: agdpmod=pikera and SMBIOS iMac20,2.

macOSPanicString":"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7faad0c9ff): \"[3:0:0] GPU Not Found! PCI Config Access Fails!!!\n\" @AmdRadeonController.cpp:1998\nPanicked task 0xffffff954ea43670

May be someone can shed some light on this?

Attachments

• Kernel-2022-10-07-231458.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 41
I have bought an ASRock RX 6600 XT card as well and have kind of the same experience with it does sleep but wake with a black screen and a kernel panic. That has not happened with mu RX 590 which I use for years now. It seems that the card is sleeping better than the Mac, as in the kernel panic file it's stated as cannot find GPU. I'm using Boot args: agdpmod=pikera and SMBIOS iMac20,2.

macOSPanicString":"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7faad0c9ff): \"[3:0:0] GPU Not Found! PCI Config Access Fails!!!\n\" @AmdRadeonController.cpp:1998\nPanicked task 0xffffff954ea43670

May be someone can shed some light on this?

Try using MacPro7,1 as smbios?
My situation works well with wake from sleep but no luck with wake from hibernation

If the 5700 XT was working for you and sleep hibernation worked fine with it. Do you change anything since then ? can you back track any changes or steps u took when u got ur 5700 XT ? Maybe with the 6600 XT you have to undo changes you may or may not have made since getting your 5700 XT ? Please keep us informed !

If the 5700 XT was working for you and sleep hibernation worked fine with it. Do you change anything since then ? can you back track any changes or steps u took when u got ur 5700 XT ? Maybe with the 6600 XT you have to undo changes you may or may not have made since getting your 5700 XT ? Please keep us informed !
Here are all my changes since I swapped 5700 for 6600 XT:
AGPMInjector's injected device id change from 5700 -> 6600XT
dGPU DeviceProperties in config.plist from 5700 -> 6600XT
Resizable bar in BIOS, Above 4G decoding from disabled -> enabled, ResizeAppleGPUBars set to 0

I've tried several times with different settings but still no luck:
Disabled resizable bar, above 4g decoding, leave ResizeAppleGPUBars to -1 (default value)
Disable AGPMInjector
Disable WEG and boot without arg agdpmod=pikera
Boot without any dGPU DeviceProperties such as cosmetic properties and amd radeon framebuffer inject (use Henbury instead)
Boot with other args for black screen patches by WEG agdpmod=ignore
Disable HibernationFixup
Boot with other args for HibernationFixup patches -hbfx-disable-patch-pci
Change HibernationMode from NVRAM to Auto/RTC in config.plist

Most symptoms are like system hang (needs to press reset button, no network activity) without screen wake after boot from hibernate state
Few times result in auto-restart to boot with apple error report message saying that windowserver timeout for 120 seconds

Last edited:
Here are all my changes since I swapped 5700 for 6600 XT:
AGPMInjector's injected device id change from 5700 -> 6600XT
dGPU DeviceProperties in config.plist from 5700 -> 6600XT
Resizable bar in BIOS, Above 4G decoding from disabled -> enabled, ResizeAppleGPUBars set to 0

I've tried several times with different settings but still no luck:
Disabled resizable var, above 4g decoding, leave ResizeAppleGPUBars to -1 (default value)
Disable AGPMInjector
Disable WEG and boot without arg agdpmod=pikera
Boot without any dGPU DeviceProperties such as cosmetic properties and amd radeon framebuffer inject (use Henbury instead of
Boot with other args for black screen patches by WEG agdpmod=ignore
Disable HibernationFixup
Boot with other args for HibernationFixup patches -hbfx-disable-patch-pci
Change HibernationMode from NVRAM to Auto/RTC in config.plist

Most symptoms are like system hang (needs to press reset button, no network activity) without screen wake after boot from hibernate state
Few times result in auto-restart to boot with apple error report message saying that windowserver timeout for 120 seconds
was there any swapping outside the OS space like hardware-related ?

only dgpu swapping :lol:
hmm im sorry I dont know what else to recommend sadly. Perhaps you can start with a new installation of mac os with the new gpu and start new?

hmm im sorry I dont know what else to recommend sadly. Perhaps you can start with a new installation of mac os with the new gpu and start new?
Thanks for those advice!! will try
For replacement, I am considering it. but i am wondering if there's successful case from anyone who also owns 6600 xt :)
I usually see posts about successful cases of 6600 xt with hardware acceleration and sleep working, but seems there's not much sharing some outcome for hibernation. i know hibernation is usually not recommended one to enable on hackintosh by hackintosh tutorial sites asking to set `pmset hibernatemode 0` without reason
Probably it's not that much a necessary in terms of a desktop pc/mac

Last edited:
Back