Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Feeling really sorry for whoever received this RX6700 in the post...

2565F6C5-FB4D-472D-8254-27AA18739E86.jpeg

I got the XTXH card working by following Rocket88's post here.

I'm not getting any signal out of the HDMI port, but I'll take it!

Hoping that Apple will eventually support the 73AF cards....

Congrats. I got lucky on a 6900 (XTXH), and have to follow in your footsteps.
I’m totally green when it comes to compiling etc. :mrgreen:

Is there any “novice” friendly step-by-step guide on how to do this?

Also is it any easier with the WEG device-id spoofing adition?

Congrats. I got lucky on a 6900 (XTXH), and have to follow in your footsteps.
I’m totally green when it comes to compiling etc. :mrgreen:

Is there any “novice” friendly step-by-step guide on how to do this?

Also is it any easier with the WEG device-id spoofing adition?

Hi @unklemac

The information is kind of scattered throughout this massive thread. I was working on putting together a guide, but then I got distracted on some other things going on. I can help you out though.

If you can get the WEG based spoof going, that is probably the cleanest and easiest. For some reason, my card reports two device-id's, so I had to resort to the earlier method. I hope the WEG method will work for you.

If you've still got your VII in there, you can gather up some information first. First, there are actually two paths that you need to find out from your system -- people use the term "path" interchangeably here, and it was confusing until I realized that they were talking about two different things. They probably point to the same thing, but it is two separate processes. You need to get the ACPI path to your GPU and the DeviceProperties path.

You can use Hackintool to get the information (both paths), or IORegistryExplorer to get the ACPI path.

Also are you on OpenCore or Clover?

Ted

Hi @unklemac

The information is kind of scattered throughout this massive thread. I was working on putting together a guide, but then I got distracted on some other things going on. I can help you out though.

If you can get the WEG based spoof going, that is probably the cleanest and easiest. For some reason, my card reports two device-id's, so I had to resort to the earlier method. I hope the WEG method will work for you.

If you've still got your VII in there, you can gather up some information first. First, there are actually two paths that you need to find out from your system -- people use the term "path" interchangeably here, and it was confusing until I realized that they were talking about two different things. They probably point to the same thing, but it is two separate processes. You need to get the ACPI path to your GPU and the DeviceProperties path.

You can use Hackintool to get the information (both paths), or IORegistryExplorer to get the ACPI path.

Also are you on OpenCore or Clover?

Ted

Hi @tedyun :)

Good to hear from you.

Indeed very scattered and not totally straight forward :shifty:

I’m on OpenCore :thumbup:. Unfortunately I do not have the VII but I do have an 6800 XT (about to get sold sometime this week). Although! I do get picture on the 6900XT(XH), but not accelerated. It sees “display driver 23mb” or something in the system info. I hope this is enough to get the correct path.

I would very much like the cleanest / easiestm even if it means no HDMI (I use DP), or Sound (I use external DAC).

Ok so 2 processes (paths) ACPI + DeviceProperties. I will hook up hackintool tomorrow and… google a bit, because i’m totally not sure what to look for (I know its the path for the GPU/PCI in my motherboard, so we can locate and spoof)… but will probably make more sense when comparing data with some of the scattered info from Rocket, You and Casey :)

Glad you got back, and hopefully I (and others can get use of this).

Martin

Hi @tedyun :)

Good to hear from you.

Indeed very scattered and not totally straight forward :shifty:

I’m on OpenCore :thumbup:. Unfortunately I do not have the VII but I do have an 6800 XT (about to get sold sometime this week). Although! I do get picture on the 6900XT(XH), but not accelerated. It sees “display driver 23mb” or something in the system info. I hope this is enough to get the correct path.

I would very much like the cleanest / easiestm even if it means no HDMI (I use DP), or Sound (I use external DAC).

Ok so 2 processes (paths) ACPI + DeviceProperties. I will hook up hackintool tomorrow and… google a bit, because i’m totally not sure what to look for (I know its the path for the GPU/PCI in my motherboard, so we can locate and spoof)… but will probably make more sense when comparing data with some of the scattered info from Rocket, You and Casey :)

Glad you got back, and hopefully I (and others can get use of this).

Martin

OK -- when I get home, I can write out the first steps on Hackintool, with screenshots. By already getting a signal I think you'll probably get off easy on this! :D

In the meantime, if you have IORegistryExplorer, you can run that. Just do a search for GFX0, and it should pull up your ACPI path, like mine here in this post:

If you look at the path tree on the left panel, or "acpi-path" in the right panel, you can figure out the path to my card is:

PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP0.GFX0

The bolded path is the most important, and it's what you'll need in your SSDT-BRG0.aml file. What does your path look like? Feel free to post a screenshot and we can figure it out.

If you don't want to download IORegistryExplorer, then I'll post instructions for Hackintool a bit later.

Hi again @tedyun

Okay I took screenshots of both Hackintool & IOREG. Hopefully they make sense to you :)

And hopefully I won't need to do any swapping cards around to get it "sorted" (crossing fingers).

Cheers!

ioregexplorer.png

hackintool.png

Thanks for helping in too. I just added you file to my ACPI folder in EFI. I tried to see how you added the Device Properties, but mines looks completely different in OpenCore Configurator.

Perhaps you can help add the line? I'm running iMac Pro and i know theres some GFX conversions already to make the system run (without black screen etc). But in anycase, im using a seperate USB bootloader, for testing purpose, until it "works" :)

I have uploaded my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks!

EDIT: I get the same error with your config. Might it be because im running a lower version of OC?

524249D2-AC65-4C08-B58B-EDC9A788B4EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! I will test your config.plist as mine got an error:

Okay I put in the values as per your instructions. But got critical halt on OC Boot “driver not found on 0”View attachment 529526
as always when updating opencore, you need to check with the sample.plist and make the changes

as always when updating opencore, you need to check with the sample.plist and make the changes

aha! So I need to update my OpenCore to 0.7.3?, because that’s the Opencore Configurator version.

Back