Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Sry if this has already been talked about, but have there been any efforts to make the USB-C ports usable beyond just video/audio?

If not, what do we need to get them working as regular usb hubs?

I've been playing with my new graphics card for a few days now. Is a Asus TUF RX 6800 XT.
Is working well overall, I only have one issue for the moment:
If I want to use IGPU alongside DGPU I have to disable IGPU in bios during installation because I can't reach the installer. I can boot from opencore, I see verbose and immediately after verbose signal cut. If I disabled igpu, installation is working well.
After I have finished the installation I can activate IGPU and is working well.
My monitor is a 4K LG and is connected via DP.

Hi.
For those who have newest 6900 XT cards with XTXH chips. Please try latest WEG from master. Now it can spoof AMD device-id.
Three things you need:
1. Latest WhateverGreen.kext build from master
2. DeviceProperties fix (use Gfxutil)
3. SSDT-BRG0 table with correct path (without it device-id from DeviceProperties will not be injected)

Снимок экрана 2021-07-17 в 18.11.11.png

If everything is correct your card should work without SSDT's, FakePCIID's etc.

Last edited:
That'll be nice to get rid of extra stuff, but will probably need more laymens directions then that as I don't have any idea what to do with SSDT-BRG0 or GfxUtil. put some instructions on it and i'll test it over all the hacky FakePCIID stuff

+1

"That'll be nice to get rid of extra stuff, but will probably need more laymens directions then that as I don't have any idea what to do with SSDT-BRG0 or GfxUtil. put some instructions on it and i'll test it over all the hacky FakePCIID stuff"

Hi.
For those who have newest 6900 XT cards with XTXH chips. Please try latest WEG from master. Now it can spoof AMD device-id.
Three things you need:
1. Latest WhateverGreen.kext build from master
2. DeviceProperties fix (use Gfxutil)
3. SSDT-BRG0 table with correct path (without it device-id from DeviceProperties will not be injected)

View attachment 524843

If everything is correct your card should work without SSDT's, FakePCIID's etc.

Can confirm, this works like a charm!
No further need for FakePCIID shenanigans.

Last edited:
+1

"That'll be nice to get rid of extra stuff, but will probably need more laymens directions then that as I don't have any idea what to do with SSDT-BRG0 or GfxUtil. put some instructions on it and i'll test it over all the hacky FakePCIID stuff"
Well, gfxutil will show you correct path to GFX0. You have to insert it in DeviceProperties like on my screenshot. Just drag binary file on Terminal and press Return button.
SSDT-BRG0 is used to assign bridge name for your card. All Radeon cards starting from Vega works through extra bridge. You can see it in IOReg (PEG1->PEGP->pci-bridge->GFX0). In order to inject DeviceID to GFX0 you need to determine pci-bridge device in ACPI. If you did it correct your IOReg should look like this
Снимок экрана 2021-07-18 в 20.12.07.png

Without this SSDT your deviceID for GFX0 will not be injected.
Also short description of this fix described in SSDT-BRG0 source code.

That'll be nice to get rid of extra stuff, but will probably need more laymens directions then that as I don't have any idea what to do with SSDT-BRG0 or GfxUtil. put some instructions on it and i'll test it over all the hacky FakePCIID stuff
The GFxUtil gives you the correct and complete path to the GPU. This is added to the Devices Properties as shown.

The SSDT may work out of box if your IOReg shows PEGP, PEG0 if not you will need to edit it (AMD Ryzen = IOPP, GPP17, etc…. ). You may also need to use ACPI patches or renames to get PEGP, etc.. for Intel systems.

Well, gfxutil will show you correct path to GFX0. You have to insert it in DeviceProperties like on my screenshot. Just drag binary file on Terminal and press Return button.
SSDT-BRG0 is used to assign bridge name for your card. All Radeon cards starting from Vega works through extra bridge. You can see it in IOReg (PEG1->PEGP->pci-bridge->GFX0). In order to inject DeviceID to GFX0 you need to determine pci-bridge device in ACPI. If you did it correct your IOReg should look like this
View attachment 524909

Without this SSDT your deviceID for GFX0 will not be injected.
Also short description of this fix described in SSDT-BRG0 source code.
Has anyone tested with Ryzen?

Back