Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

It is not required if you disable WEG.

Yes I know, but disabling WEG freezes my Hack on the login screen. Im using 2x display ports with 4k monitors.

Just bought this card. Replaced by RX 5700 XT with it. Just works.

MacPro7,1
agdpmod=pikera
iGPU disabled in BIOS

I connected both DP ports to my Gigabyte Titan Ridge in order to connect my LG Ultrafine 5k with full resolution.
agdpmod is not needed

u can try to run without weg and agdpmod,and u should use MacPro7,1
Are there any benefits in getting rid of WEG? Doesn't it help with other things, too?

Are there any benefits in getting rid of WEG? Doesn't it help with other things, too?
For a thorough run down on what Whatevergreen was developed to do see chapter 4 of this excellent post.

Well using WEG on GPUs that have natively supported hardware encoding/decoding actually gets broken.

I added a 6900XT and removed the Radeon VII and now my machine just freezes after barely any use (WEG is off). I tried changing PCIe slots for the Titan Ridge card, jumping pin 3 and 5, etc. Removing the Titan Ridge card is the only solution.

Any ideas appreciated.

I added a 6900XT and removed the Radeon VII and now my machine just freezes after barely any use (WEG is off). I tried changing PCIe slots for the Titan Ridge card, jumping pin 3 and 5, etc. Removing the Titan Ridge card is the only solution.

Any ideas appreciated.
Shouldn’t there normally be a DP-pass through cable for the TB card that goes needs to go into the back of your motherboard’s DP socket? Have you attached it? Also make sure the TB card is on the last available PCIe slot in your system (that’s the standard default setup).

Back