Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Not sure who said AIB cards don’t work, but I have MSI 6800xt Gaming X Trio and it works fine. Not sure about the XFX but should work as long as you don’t have any custom firmware on it.
Several of the new 6900XT AIB boards are not compatible. The device ID is 0x73AF1002. They are the XTX(H) models. The PCB is actually larger as well, but the custom bios is the real problem. Byteminer has a dual bios XTX(H) and was able to flash one bios chip with a XTX bios and it works.

Several of the new 6900XT AIB boards are not compatible. The device ID is 0x73AF1002. They are the XTX(H) models. The PCB is actually larger as well, but the custom bios is the real problem. Byteminer has a dual bios XTX(H) and was able to flash one bios chip with a XTX bios and it works.
Ahhh ok, that makes sense, sounds like we need to be careful with new cards.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense, sounds like we need to be careful with new cards.
Yes, it seems the new ones with the Higher peak clock speeds feature have this bios. >2250Mhz?

According to the internal bios info on TechPowerUp the device id for the XFX Speedster MERC 319 RX6900XT Black is 0x1002 0x73BF. So theoretically it should work?

anyone else who gets white blinking glitches sometimes with the new cards, it didn't happen on old navi, but now maybe once every 20 minutes or so, the screen gets white for 2ms, and then comes right back.

anyone else who gets white blinking glitches sometimes with the new cards, it didn't happen on old navi, but now maybe once every 20 minutes or so, the screen gets white for 2ms, and then comes right back.
No glitches here. I’m on 11.5 beta though. I didn’t see any glitches in 11.4 either…

Only time I get that is if I hot plug my monitor cable between ports.
Can you test with a different cable?
Is the power supply rated for the graphics card?

Are there any issues with the 6900XT stability wise?

I am about to swap the Radeon VII which has been super stable for a long time now with the 6900XT.

Any help appreciated.

I am about to swap the Radeon VII which has been super stable for a long time now with the 6900XT.

Any help appreciated.
I can’t speak to the 6900XT but the 6800XT is hella stable.

Even more so than my old Radeon VII which would sometimes have weird artifacting issues (while the system was booting) that would require me to reboot to have a clear image. Never any problems with the 6800XT and I’d imagine the 6900XT is similarly stable as well.

Any help appreciated.
6900xt so far so good.

Back