Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I actually had a test hit 196k today while I had a bunch of stuff open and working. Not convinced geekbench is the best judge of speed… what version of MacOS are you using? Others have reported slower performance on the latest…
Running 11.5 Big Sur. I don't know how good Geekbench is these days but it is giving pretty consistent results.

Just got 6900xt to replace my 5700xt, remove agdpmod=pikera will cause blackscreen after boot(iMac Pro 1,1), and displayport only run 4k@30fps (HDMI working at 4k@60fps). Had updated big sur to 11.5.1, and clean nvram, but nothing good. Anyone can help?

Just got 6900xt to replace my 5700xt, remove agdpmod=pikera will cause blackscreen after boot(iMac Pro 1,1), and displayport only run 4k@30fps (HDMI working at 4k@60fps). Had updated big sur to 11.5.1, and clean nvram, but nothing good. Anyone can help?

After turnoff whatevergreen, remove agdpmod=pikera won't cause blackscreen. But using displayport could cause blackscreen, while HDMI still working fine. Does anyone know how to fix displayport?

After turnoff whatevergreen, remove agdpmod=pikera won't cause blackscreen. But using displayport could cause blackscreen, while HDMI still working fine. Does anyone know how to fix displayport?
I just ran into the same issue recently. My monitors were old. Manufactured around 2009-2010… Bought new monitors and everything worked great. The card seems to have many issues with older display port monitors that the 5700 worked fine with.

I just ran into the same issue recently. My monitors were old. Manufactured around 2009-2010… Bought new monitors and everything worked great. The card seems to have many issues with older display port monitors that the 5700 worked fine with.
I'm using Dell U3219Q monitors, which was released in 2019. Can not understand which part break DP port, whatevergreen 1.5.1 can only run 4k@30fps.:crazy:

Hey guys, I've got a weird one here, I've got 2 RX 6900 XT, when I had 1 everything was perfect all the monitors were fine, but when I finally got the water loop up and running and got the second card in, the monitors will go blank after boot, reconnecting the 2 monitors (HDMI,DP) will bring them back plugging in the 3rd one kills the screens, WEG does nothing and the second card shows as DISPLAY.

What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.26.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.35.04 PM.png

I'm using Dell U3219Q monitors, which was released in 2019. Can not understand which part break DP port, whatevergreen 1.5.1 can only run 4k@30fps.:crazy:
I had a problem this weekend where one of my displays would work at 30hz only. Didn’t know this existed as it’s hidden in the menus but you can set the refresh rate manually in the display options.

system preferences > displays > option + click “scaled” > click “show low resolution modes”

this will bring up the refresh rate pull down and you can manually select.

Hope it’s as easy as this for you!

AMD has announced W6600 so RX 6600 XT should be supported by macOS. Anyone wants to try after August 11?

AMD has announced W6600 so RX 6600 XT should be supported by macOS. Anyone wants to try after August 11?
Are the 6700 and 6700xt supported?

Hello there, I just installed my rx6900xt in my MacPro 2019, everything is fine. But does anybody know how I can use them at the same time? Like I use internal radeon pro Vega 2 to render while I'm using 6900xt modeling?Thank you. You can see the rx6900 light is red, I don't know why and how to switch it as the main card.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.39.30 AM.png

Back