Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Just bought this card. Replaced by RX 5700 XT with it. Just works. MacPro7,1 agdpmod=pikera iGPU disabled in BIOS I connected both DP ports to my Gigabyte Titan Ridge in order to connect my LG Ultrafine 5k with full resolution.

hi,I use the same titan ridge and LG Ultrafine 5k, Is it necessary to flash TB3 firmware to use , I use z490 vision d
and RX6800 ,very thanks

hi,I use the same titan ridge and LG Ultrafine 5k, Is it necessary to flash TB3 firmware to use , I use z490 vision d
and RX6800 ,very thanks
Nope no need to flash. I would advise against flashing when using with a display. Reason is that a flashed Titan Ridge (with Apple firmware) is initialized by macOS. So no display in bios etc.

One other thing to mention. I did find when combined with a RX550, the performance of the RX6800 oddly shot up dramatically. On Unigine Heaven the results were averaging between 250-280fps but when run as a single card was only getting around 60fs? I'm not sure what caused this discrepancy. Other than that both were set to iMacPro1,1.

Sounds like in the 60fps case vsync was enabled. Maybe it is disabled by default if you have two cards or something like this.

please could anyone confirm if the 'Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB NITRO' or MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB will work on board z170x-ud5 th?

please could anyone confirm if the 'Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB NITRO' or MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB will work on board z170x-ud5 th?

Sapphire 6800XT should be fine. 6700XT is a no go.

I've tried the Gigabyte Gaming RX 6800 OC 16GB and it works fine with the GA-Z170N-WIFI

thanks to a very patient byteminer helping me deal with ubuntu, I flashed my second bios to an older card and have 6900XT running in macOS now. Initially it was generating some kernel panics and I tought it was just unagreeable bios but then I reached out to someone who's an actual graphics driver dev and their take on it was actually a software crash do to driver hooks. I uninstalle xcode and problem went away. It may also be related to fact the xcode was also out of date too so I may revisit that issue later. Anyways if you find your navi2 crashing like crazy and the process in backtrace is installd, give xcode a look. :)

Last edited:
Back