Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

@izo1, I'm doing the same so very interested as well.

@applemacosxGOD, are you using a reference 6900XT? If not, which one?

Are there any issues with the 6900XT stability wise?

I am about to swap the Radeon VII which has been super stable for a long time now with the 6900XT.

Any help appreciated.
So far so good. Except maybe with Adobe Dimension which instantly crashes as soon you move the mouse over a scene. Not sure it has anything to do with the card though.

Are there any issues with the 6900XT stability wise?

I am about to swap the Radeon VII which has been super stable for a long time now with the 6900XT.

Any help appreciated.
With WEG use boot arg. agdpmod=pikera, ignore, or Vit96?

pikera being the most common.

Without WEG no boot arg required but ports may not function so multi monitor may not work.

With WEG use boot arg. agdpmod=pikera, ignore, or Vit96?

pikera being the most common.

Without WEG no boot arg required but ports may not function so multi monitor may not work.
Why do we need a WEG arg?

BTW here's the waterblocked version.

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.10.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.12.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 6.08.17 PM.png

With the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS use -noweg or remove WhatEverGreen, agdpmod is not needed. The iGPU does not display an image. The Memory Config in the plist is needed.
With the iMac19,1 SMBIOS use agdpmod=pikera. The iGPU displays an image. I am using it for my second monitor.

WEG arg for black screen just like the 5700 or Navi gen 1.

Nice looking block!

Looks like no need for WEG arg since I'm on MacPro7,1 SMBIOS. I am also on a X299 platform which has no iGPU.

I do use WEG.

Forgive me, but is there a Particular 6900XT / 6800XT which is more successful than others? very tempted to make a return to a MacOS based system... i'm Z590 11900K , and use my machine for X Plane Development, i must admit i gave up on MacOS on a Hack based system, after not getting good enough performance... but the 6900xt/6800xt have given me thought for maybe a return!

How is the USB-C port treated in Mac OS? (for 6800XT/6900XT) Is it a fully functional port counting toward the port limit?

Back