Contribute
Register

[success] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord! I go to type in my password and the keyboard won't type anything. pressing enter works though
Please read all instructions before following them! Thank you.
Press enter and type in your current user password (must be an admin user). You will not see the password appear as you type. Press enter after typing password and it should output "Volume EFI on /dev/disk2s1 mounted"

My bad. Thought I tried that already. Thanks for such quick replies! Now that its mounted and Ive ran Clover v2 and most kexts are in place, do I have to do anything with plist, because the one clover generated looks like an absolute mess

Also, if I loaded the plist from the article you provided it should work with the correct GPU changes right?

Im going back to the basics Conath! Removed Graphics card/switched to the applicable motherboard settings (exactly the same as yours). Followed your vid guide for the USB boot stick, even downloaded the same clover version as in the video. Used this guides provided config_sample.plist (assuming its setup for your hardware/same as mine). Same kexts folder... :think:

The interesting thing is my USB won't show in the boot loader when I power it on after BIOS adjustments. Only shows when BIOS is set to Legacy+UEFI... when I tried installing with that setting it gets stuck at the apple logo and doesn't load. Let me know what you think...?

Additional Qs:
DO I need to reset CMOS/NVRAM?
Could the clover boot loader you used in video not be compatible with my version High Sierra (10.13.6)?

Im a noobie, so apologies in advance. Thanks for your help again!

According to your profile, you have a Nvidia GTX 1070 graphics card. Nvidia makes their own drivers for use in macOS and publishes them on their website (also known as Nvidia WebDriver). You can find more information in this post. Note that Nvidia has not updated the WebDrivers to work on Mojave as of this time (26 Nov 2018), so you use macOS 10.13 High Sierra for now.

Im going back to the basics Conath! Removed Graphics card/switched to the applicable motherboard settings (exactly the same as yours). Followed your vid guide for the USB boot stick, even downloaded the same clover version as in the video. Used this guides provided config_sample.plist (assuming its setup for your hardware/same as mine). Same kexts folder... :think:

The interesting thing is my USB won't show in the boot loader when I power it on after BIOS adjustments. Only shows when BIOS is set to Legacy+UEFI... when I tried installing with that setting it gets stuck at the apple logo and doesn't load. Let me know what you think...?

Additional Qs:
DO I need to reset CMOS/NVRAM?
Could the clover boot loader you used in video not be compatible with my version High Sierra (10.13.6)?

Im a noobie, so apologies in advance. Thanks for your help again!

Sorry for the lack of replies, Superflood. I somehow stopped receiving email alerts about this thread. Please go ahead and create a new thread concerning your issues. That way other forum members can join in and try to help. Just remember to post a link to the new thread here so I can see it. Thanks.

Do you still use this hackintosh? Could you pass your current EFI? I have the same motherboard.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back