Contribute
Register

[success] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric, thank you so much for your input. Sometimes the USB EFi directory works and sometimes, as you wrote, it’s safer to copy only the EFI drivers and kexts. Clover install is always required! Now for Multibeast; it doesn’t yet seem to work on High Sierra so you have to boot a Sierra install and choose the High Sierra partition in Multibeast install. Hope this makes sense?
MultiBeast v9.2.1 for Sierra will not work on an APFS formatted drive...yet. We're working on the Uni/Multi- Beasts for High Sierra as I post this. We'll have new guides for the early adaptors when the HS release is announced.

However, an olde coaches saying is, "Don't rush to fail!" So, unless your masochistic, I'd wait for the HS announcement dust to settle. :thumbup:

I've been following this guide using a similar setup but the same GPU and everything has been working as expected. However, I got a couple of errors while setting everything up.
The screen turns black after a certain point during the booting process - both in the usb and the system boot - and I'm sure it has to do with the issues that the rx480 had in the past (Sierra). I left the computer booting the installation drive with the black screen until it hibernated, then turned it on again. I know it was a mistake, but somehow it started displaying after that. The GPU worked flawlessly and I could proceed to the installation. Later, when I tried to boot the OS, the screen went black once again. Checking the log I found that the system does not recognize the graphic card ([fatal] unknown card 0x67DF) and gets stuck immediately, as opposed to what happened with the installation.

Any clue on what should I do at this point? All the ktexts are in place and I haven't found any feedback about this particular issue for High Sierra.

the screen turns black after a certain point during the booting process - both in the usb and the system boot - and I'm sure it has to do with the issues that the rx480 had in the past (Sierra).
Hi! Thanks for your detailed reply. Could you please doublecheck your clover.PLIST file? Sounds like your darkwake flag might be set wrong? What’s your hardware apart from the GPU?

What’s your hardware apart from the GPU?
That was a fast response, thank you! I'm busy atm but I'll check the plist asap. I have an Intel i5 3330 and a Gigabyte B75M-D3H 1155 B75.
EDITED: darkwake is set to 8, given that this is the plist you provided

Last edited:
EDITED: It's working now. It was my fault, I had an extra kext installed for compatibility reasons that ended up messing the configuration. Thank you very much for your post

Last edited:
Hi. Does anybody test this video card with HIGH SIERRA?
I'm install 10.13 latest beta for this moment and with WhateverGreen and Lilu graphic accelerating is work, but when I want to share file from FCPX or Photos app I have a few errors..

For example, I have file sharing error in FCPX that sounds like "-[CtxFrameStats setDevice:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7ba3f6c0" when sharing as "Audio and Video" and ".. file sharing error.." when sharing as MPEG-4.

..and error while exporting slideshow from Photos app, that sounds like

Process: Photos [1470]
Path: /Applications/Photos.app/Contents/MacOS/Photos
Identifier: com.apple.Photos
Version: 2.0 (3201.8.202)
Build Info: PhotoApp-3201008202000000~1
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Photos [1470]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-09-13 11:52:05.660 +0300
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13 (17A291m)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 3267AD7D-23D8-44C6-B3B2-54B5662B2DDD

Time Awake Since Boot: 3500 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 13 Dispatch queue: MRRenderer 0x7fab141a26c0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
*** error for object 0x608000010800: Invalid pointer dequeued from free list

So what exactly did you do to fix that? I have the same error in FCPX:
-[CtxFrameStats setDevice:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x79348bd0
I managed to share a file as a master which took apptoximatley over 300GB.

THX

I have the i5 6400 and RX 470. I am running sierra 12.3 off of your previous guide. I don't want to do a clean install, I just want to upgrade. And I don't want to risk just using the App Store, in case of incompatibilities on the 470 or 6400. Should I just backup the system files, and do this guide, or will my rig differ. Same Mobo.

So I attempted to do this, and it went swell up until booting to the USB stick. It shows some verbose stuff that goes way too fast to read, then goes into the apple logo boot, then goes to something saying this: "macOS cannot be installed on this computer,"

And then says "OSInstall.mpkg not found"

Edit: It was OSInstall.mpkg and not .pkg

Edit 2: decided to go past that part, but now having a new issue. It says: "kextd stall [0-3], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
Then some herbal panic happens. See the image(may need to zoom)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
… "macOS cannot be installed on this computer,"
… And then says "OSInstall.mpkg not found"
… Edit: It was OSInstall.mpkg and not .pkg
… Edit 2: decided to go past that part, but now having a new issue. It says: "kextd stall [0-3], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
Then some herbal panic happens. See the image(may need to zoom)
You seem to have a corrupted USB stick, erase it and try the newly updated UniBeast to create your USB drive. This replaces "STEP 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive" of this tutorial post that I link to from post#1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back